Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Question [Q] PC won't find this messed up phone

OP krausebrause

12th March 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
More
Okay, so this is the status quo of my friends phone: HTC One M7 UL, S-On, HBOOT-1.55, TAMPERED, UNLOCKED
There is no OS instelled, I can only boot into recovery (while booting from the bootloader it starts Team Win Recovery Project v2.6.0.1, when I boot from the phone being off it opens ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.6) or bootloader. The internal storage is wiped. My PC is not able to install the device driver software, so I cannot put any files on the phone via USB cable. Also it appears to not be rooted, as the recoveries ask me if I want to install SuperSU. But if I accept this, nothing changes and the next time I get the same question.
All in all almost erverything on this phone is deleted and I have no idea how to put a ROM back on it to flash. Can anyone help me fix this?

Update: Trying out the USB-OTG-cable I get the error "E: Can't mount /storage/usbdisk"
Last edited by krausebrause; 22nd March 2014 at 01:16 PM.
12th March 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 59

339 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krausebrause

Okay, so this is the status quo of my friends phone: HTC One M7 UL, S-On, HBOOT-1.55, TAMPERED, UNLOCKED
There is no OS instelled, I can only boot into recovery (while booting from the bootloader it starts Team Win Recovery Project v2.6.0.1, when I boot from the phone being off it opens ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.6) or bootloader. The internal storage is wiped. My PC is not able to install the device driver software, so I cannot put any files on the phone via USB cable. Also it appears to not be rooted, as the recoveries ask me if I want to install SuperSU. But if I accept this, nothing changes and the next time I get the same question.
All in all almost erverything on this phone is deleted and I have no idea how to put a ROM back on it to flash. Can anyone help me fix this?

What errors do you have when installing drivers (adb) on your PC?
Last edited by mb_guy; 12th March 2014 at 04:42 PM.
12th March 2014, 04:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_guy

What errors do you have when installing drivers (adb) on your PC? Without a PC the only option would be a usb OTG cable, you could hopefully install a 4.3 OS as the recovery isn't new enough for KitKat

oh i ment just the ordinary windows "error"
trying adb out right now, never heard of it before

Update: I don't get how to use adb. Could you maybe tell me what to do? I get the respose "List of attached devices" and thats it, doesn't find any.
Last edited by krausebrause; 22nd March 2014 at 02:20 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread