FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[Q] How to get files off my phone.

39 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By adz3d, Member on 12th March 2014, 01:44 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Looking for a way to get my files off my phone, the touch screen doesn't work so I can't get past the lock screen to access my files, and CWM won't usb mount.

Is there any other ways I could retrieve my files?
 
 
12th March 2014, 02:03 AM |#2  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,205
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adz3d

Looking for a way to get my files off my phone, the touch screen doesn't work so I can't get past the lock screen to access my files, and CWM won't usb mount.

Is there any other ways I could retrieve my files?

use ''adb pull'' from custom recovery

i.e

Code:
adb pull /sdcard C:\some_folder
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2014, 02:21 AM |#3  
cschmitt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,933
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adz3d

Looking for a way to get my files off my phone, the touch screen doesn't work so I can't get past the lock screen to access my files, and CWM won't usb mount.

Is there any other ways I could retrieve my files?

So the display stills work but the digitizer is broken? What ROM are you on? CM11 supports a USB mouse connected via a USB-OTG cable; that will allow you to navigate the lock screen, etc. I'm not sure if stock ROMs support it.
The Following User Says Thank You to cschmitt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2014, 01:24 PM |#4  
adz3d's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

use ''adb pull'' from custom recovery

i.e

Code:
adb pull /sdcard C:\some_folder

This is probably the only method I could do. But thanks.
12th March 2014, 01:27 PM |#5  
adz3d's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cschmitt

So the display stills work but the digitizer is broken? What ROM are you on? CM11 supports a USB mouse connected via a USB-OTG cable; that will allow you to navigate the lock screen, etc. I'm not sure if stock ROMs support it.

Yeah the display still works so I can see what I'm doing, also I'm using ARHD 51.0, if all fails If it don't work on ARHD I can sideload CM11 and try.
12th March 2014, 03:30 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adz3d

Yeah the display still works so I can see what I'm doing, also I'm using ARHD 51.0, if all fails If it don't work on ARHD I can sideload CM11 and try.

Have read that miss matched firmware can give digitizer issues. Were you flashing something when it quit?
12th March 2014, 03:32 PM |#7  
adz3d's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_guy

Have read that miss matched firmware can give digitizer issues. Were you flashing something when it quit?

Oh no it's not a software issue, the screen got damaged and I messed up something whilst replacing it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes