FORUMS

bloatware

40 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By AE1282, Member on 24th February 2014, 05:44 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Now that I'm rooted, I've gotten rid of the Sprint and HTC boat, but I'm still having a problem getting rid of the Google play crap.... Any suggestions ?

24th February 2014, 08:27 PM |#2  
Flag American Canyon
Thanks Meter: 348

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AE1282

Now that I'm rooted, I've gotten rid of the Sprint and HTC boat, but I'm still having a problem getting rid of the Google play crap.... Any suggestions ?

Don't use android? Seriously Google Play and the services are what make the OS work.
25th February 2014, 02:32 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Right, keep, music, and plus and having multiple instances of the framework are what makes the phone work.... I suppose android system is just there to drain the power, not for any functional reason
25th February 2014, 03:08 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Get titanium backup, uninstall what you want

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to johncjenc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 01:44 AM |#5  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 7

More
just make sure to backup just in case
8th March 2014, 04:45 AM |#6  
Flag Olympia, WA
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncjenc

Get titanium backup, uninstall what you want

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

This

If you have root access you should really have Titanium Backup Pro. And if you don't feel comfortable uninstalling certain programs you can freeze them. Does the same thing but instead of uninstalling the program it just hides it from the system as if its not there, and you can always unfreeze it down the road if it causes you problems.
12th March 2014, 03:50 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 265

More
Or flash an AOSP ROM, but you lose Sense. +1 to above for using Titanium Backup. If you're feeling gutsy, you could use a file explorer with root privileges and dive into /system/app, but regardless, you should be careful. Oftentimes, OEM ROMs have Google-specific components actively built into the framework, so take care not to remove anything that kills your phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread