Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,659 Members 43,940 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

about nandroid backup

Tip us?
 
kaiserlourdes
Old
#1  
kaiserlourdes's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 235
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default about nandroid backup

can i ask from u guys? i dont know where to ask. so this is how it goes,

im using now [ROM][PORT][CM]Jellybread v5.1 FINAL..

blackreactorCM kernel..

and i want to change back to original stock galaxy Y.. like buying it brandnew..

can i restore the nandroid backup that i made right away?

or another way except flashing with odin
 
hnkotnis
Old
#2  
hnkotnis's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 432
Posts: 995
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserlourdes View Post
can i ask from u guys? i dont know where to ask. so this is how it goes,

im using now [ROM][PORT][CM]Jellybread v5.1 FINAL..

blackreactorCM kernel..

and i want to change back to original stock galaxy Y.. like buying it brandnew..

can i restore the nandroid backup that i made right away?

or another way except flashing with odin
That ROM is ext4 based. First you need to restore kernel supporting both EXT4 and RFS, then convert to rfs, then restore nandroid.
Long process (may lead to complications in case of stock incompatible kernels).

Better use odin.
 
kaiserlourdes
Old
#3  
kaiserlourdes's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 235
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnkotnis View Post
That ROM is ext4 based. First you need to restore kernel supporting both EXT4 and RFS, then convert to rfs, then restore nandroid.
Long process (may lead to complications in case of stock incompatible kernels).

Better use odin.
thanks for answering

so it means that i cant get the original kernel anymore even restoring nandroid?
 
hnkotnis
Old
#4  
hnkotnis's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 432
Posts: 995
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserlourdes View Post
thanks for answering

so it means that i cant get the original kernel anymore even restoring nandroid?
Galaxy y CWM is broken. It cannot restore Kernel. It can only restore /system, /data, /cache.

For kernel restore use my SGY Toolkit. Link is in my Signature.

Press Thanks if helped.
The Following User Says Thank You to hnkotnis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kaiserlourdes
Old
#5  
kaiserlourdes's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 235
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnkotnis View Post
Galaxy y CWM is broken. It cannot restore Kernel. It can only restore /system, /data, /cache.

For kernel restore use my SGY Toolkit. Link is in my Signature.

Press Thanks if helped.
then i will flash first hellsfusion#50

then format /system, wipe /data /cache /dalvik.

then flash toolkit and restore my nandroid?
 
GalKill
Old
#6  
GalKill's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 233
Posts: 311
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Reim Empire :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserlourdes View Post
can i ask from u guys? i dont know where to ask. so this is how it goes,

im using now [ROM][PORT][CM]Jellybread v5.1 FINAL..

blackreactorCM kernel..

and i want to change back to original stock galaxy Y.. like buying it brandnew..

can i restore the nandroid backup that i made right away?

or another way except flashing with odin
Of course you can restore it using CWM, as long as the backup done before you change anything on your phone

IT'S NOT ABOUT RECOGNITION OR
THE NUMBER OF THANKS YOU
RECEIVE, IT'S ABOUT THE
CONTRIBUTION YOU GIVE TO THE
COMMUNITY.
The Following User Says Thank You to GalKill For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
hnkotnis
Old
#7  
hnkotnis's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 432
Posts: 995
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserlourdes View Post
then i will flash first hellsfusion#50

then format /system, wipe /data /cache /dalvik.

then flash toolkit and restore my nandroid?

Do it this way.
Flash Hell's Fusion.
Go to Advanced ====> Reboot Recovery
Then Format /system, /data, /cache.

Restore Nandroid.

Then Reboot phone. (Not reboot recovery

Put stock kernel's boot.img in root of SD Card.
Go to recovery.
Then flash my SGY Toolkit and choose kernel restore.
The Following User Says Thank You to hnkotnis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kaiserlourdes
Old
#8  
kaiserlourdes's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 235
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnkotnis View Post
Do it this way.
Flash Hell's Fusion.
Go to Advanced ====> Reboot Recovery
Then Format /system, /data, /cache.

Restore Nandroid.

Then Reboot phone. (Not reboot recovery

Put stock kernel's boot.img in root of SD Card.
Go to recovery.
Then flash my SGY Toolkit and choose kernel restore.
im gonna msg u if anything bad happens. hopefully none. thanks! pressed.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes