FORUMS

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

Droid Turbo Lollipop OTA, 2015 Moto G Leaked – XDA TV

Android Lollipop for the Droid Turbo has been released. That and much more … more

[Q] Play Store Issues...

627 posts
Thanks Meter: 362
 
By nolimit06, Senior Member on 28th November 2013, 06:29 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey guys, I have been having troubles with Play Store recently. I have been trying to download several apps/games and they take forever to download. It does not matter if it's a 5mb app or a 1.5gb game. It looks to be downloading at about 300kb/s when my internet is 30/5mbps. I have ran speed tests on my phone and I am getting my advertised speed and I have also cleared the Play Store and Google Services data and rebooted but still no luck. I get this problem when I am at home or away on a totally different network. Has anyone else had issues with slow downloads?

My second issue deals with the carrier billing option... Ever since I got my Note 3 I have lost the ability to Bill to Sprint. My girlfriend still has the option and we are on the same plan. I have tried using 3G as well as 4G and still no luck. I have contacted Sprint and they have been no help. I also checked to make sure that I don't have any blocks on my line that would prevent this. My Google Wallet account only has my CC for my Play Music Subscription. I am clueless on this issue. Anyone have any ideas?
 
 
30th November 2013, 09:02 PM |#2  
Cyclonut's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 53
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimit06

Hey guys, I have been having troubles with Play Store recently. I have been trying to download several apps/games and they take forever to download. It does not matter if it's a 5mb app or a 1.5gb game. It looks to be downloading at about 300kb/s when my internet is 30/5mbps. I have ran speed tests on my phone and I am getting my advertised speed and I have also cleared the Play Store and Google Services data and rebooted but still no luck. I get this problem when I am at home or away on a totally different network. Has anyone else had issues with slow downloads?

Started noticing this same thing recently. Was wondering if it was just me...

Edit: download speeds seem to be hit or miss. Sometimes they blaze others they crawl...

Swyped from mobile, Samsung Galaxy NoteŽ 3 using Tapatalk.
Last edited by Cyclonut; 5th December 2013 at 10:53 AM.
3rd December 2013, 06:14 AM |#3  
Alright, Here is my .2 on the issues you are talking about..

About the speed, I have no clue.

About the carrier billing option, I do have a clue.

So I initially rooted my phone with the CF-Root method and was able to get carrier billing up until a few days ago. I talked to google about the issue and they said it was carrier related. I went into the sprint store and talked to my sales agent that I always go through when ever I need anything sprint related. He had his sales support, customer care, and advanced technical all conferences on the line to figure out what the issue was. Long story short after all the troubleshooting they said it was an issue with the phone. So, after ordering the replacement I have no had the issue with the new one, however.. its not rooted and all stock in fear of losing my bill to carrier options. They didn't ask if my phone was rooted, or even cared to check the status of the phone. I had tripped knox, and kernel counters and was running the MININI3 rom with Freeza's beast mode. kernel like in my sig.

I do want to mention that Ive also never had carrier to billing option on the phone since ive had it.. so if you had it and then lost it.. it is software related and if going back to stock everything (which is what I did) and it still didn't allow the option.. then your phone is hosed.. I do suggest you attempt a warranty swap or have sprint investigate and come to the conclusion that its the phone.
3rd December 2013, 02:48 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimit06

Hey guys, I have been having troubles with Play Store recently. I have been trying to download several apps/games and they take forever to download. It does not matter if it's a 5mb app or a 1.5gb game. It looks to be downloading at about 300kb/s when my internet is 30/5mbps. I have ran speed tests on my phone and I am getting my advertised speed and I have also cleared the Play Store and Google Services data and rebooted but still no luck. I get this problem when I am at home or away on a totally different network. Has anyone else had issues with slow downloads?

My second issue deals with the carrier billing option... Ever since I got my Note 3 I have lost the ability to Bill to Sprint. My girlfriend still has the option and we are on the same plan. I have tried using 3G as well as 4G and still no luck. I have contacted Sprint and they have been no help. I also checked to make sure that I don't have any blocks on my line that would prevent this. My Google Wallet account only has my CC for my Play Music Subscription. I am clueless on this issue. Anyone have any ideas?



Yeah , it's the problem of stock rom..
Basically its a software problem.
9th December 2013, 06:29 AM |#5  
patrick_1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Meter: 94
 
More
Noticed this consistently as well while using my Wi-Fi but when I turn wifi off and use mobile data I'm getting blazing speeds that I used to get with my wifi...don't get it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th March 2014, 06:47 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
bill to sprint
So does anyone actually have bill to sprint working on a rooted kitkat rom?

I had the option there on sacs kitkat, but kept getting an error about them not being able to verify my account, which I came to the assumption it was because I was using google voice integrated with my phone number. So I disabled the google voice integration, updated prl & profile, but the option is no longer even there.

I've tried restoring sacs, I've tried installing the stockish odex rom, and now I'm downloading the stock unrooted rom to go back to stock & start again. Just curious if anyone has had any success with this.

Thanks.


update- restored to stock unrooted & still not showing the option

update 2- i had 2 google accounts on my phone, when I switched to the main account (never used for carrier billing before), it gave me the option & I was able to set up "bill to sprint", but when I tried using my other google account, the one that I have all previous purchases attached to, it did not give me the option, even after deleting the other account off of the phone.

So I'm not exactly sure what it all means, but at least a possible workaround is to use a fresh google account?? Hope that helps somebody.
Last edited by nanas9; 8th March 2014 at 08:38 PM. Reason: update
10th March 2014, 06:36 AM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
google has issues!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanas9

So does anyone actually have bill to sprint working on a rooted kitkat rom?

I had the option there on sacs kitkat, but kept getting an error about them not being able to verify my account, which I came to the assumption it was because I was using google voice integrated with my phone number. So I disabled the google voice integration, updated prl & profile, but the option is no longer even there.

I've tried restoring sacs, I've tried installing the stockish odex rom, and now I'm downloading the stock unrooted rom to go back to stock & start again. Just curious if anyone has had any success with this.

Thanks.


update- restored to stock unrooted & still not showing the option

update 2- i had 2 google accounts on my phone, when I switched to the main account (never used for carrier billing before), it gave me the option & I was able to set up "bill to sprint", but when I tried using my other google account, the one that I have all previous purchases attached to, it did not give me the option, even after deleting the other account off of the phone.

So I'm not exactly sure what it all means, but at least a possible workaround is to use a fresh google account?? Hope that helps somebody.

I do not know what is going on with Google, I also cannot get back my paid apps, I had a phone that was rooted, took it back unrooted, they could not get it to work, then they gave me a new phone and that also did not solve the problem, so once again there seems to be some kind of software problem going on at google, when I used my other gmail account all my downloads were working except the ones that I paid for and that was over a month ago, so right now I am not a happy cus!tomer, Just my two cents
11th March 2014, 12:30 AM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuemuch

I do not know what is going on with Google, I also cannot get back my paid apps, I had a phone that was rooted, took it back unrooted, they could not get it to work, then they gave me a new phone and that also did not solve the problem, so once again there seems to be some kind of software problem going on at google, when I used my other gmail account all my downloads were working except the ones that I paid for and that was over a month ago, so right now I am not a happy cus!tomer, Just my two cents

Do you have both google accounts synced on the phone? (settings -> general -> accounts -> add account -> google...) What I had to do was add both google accounts to my phone.

I have to switch to the new account to download new apps so I can "bill to sprint", then I switch to the old account to download previously purchased apps. ( to switch accounts, there is a drop down list of accounts that shows when you hit the 3 lines in the top left corner on the home page of the play store & then the little arrow next to your gmail address)
12th March 2014, 02:19 AM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
tried that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanas9

Do you have both google accounts synced on the phone? (settings -> general -> accounts -> add account -> google...) What I had to do was add both google accounts to my phone.

I have to switch to the new account to download new apps so I can "bill to sprint", then I switch to the old account to download previously purchased apps. ( to switch accounts, there is a drop down list of accounts that shows when you hit the 3 lines in the top left corner on the home page of the play store & then the little arrow next to your gmail address)

I tired that several times, it won't down load regular apps now! thanks for the ideal!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes