Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

How to Unlock and Root a Nexus Device – XDA TV

It is official–Google has released the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 9. The Nexus family … more

LG Stuck in 4.4.2

OP jordanprudent

11th March 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Newcastle
Thanks Meter: 25

168 posts
More
Hello,

Recently I have been running AOSP rom on the LG G2, I tried to recently apply the 4.4.2 update via the ripped LG Gpro in android developement. However to my own stupidity I did not follow instructions correctly already being on 4.4.2. The rom flashed however not correctly, with exsesive over heating and no sim connection as well as many other bugs. I have tried to re-instal custom recovery but cannot due to the 4.4.2 update. I then tried to flash a Kdz file via lg software to downgrade back to 4.2.2 but it will not flash as it connects and states that I already have the most up to date software even after adding the 4.2.2 file.
The phone is stuck on the custom rom, it is now rooted via the normal method, unable to instal a custom recovery and have had no look re-flashing a stock or another rom via software.
Overall goal is to get back to stock, and take it from there. Can anyone surgest any alternative methods to re-flash standard rom or instal a custom recovery to then apply a different rom.
Other information, phone switches on and can connect to a pc and recognised. No issues to this style of use but not able to be used a phone.

Any information would be great,

Thanks,

Jordan
11th March 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #2  
Emerald City
Thanks Meter: 3

31 posts
More
Looks like we now must use the offline method described here
http:// forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2625044
LG software update has blocked downgrade path using the Flash Tool. If you're on T-Mo you MUST flash back to 80110c, NOT g.
Last edited by missiveusa; 11th March 2014 at 03:15 PM. Reason: link
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread