Ask a question

No registration required

Kitkat OTA update not working with HTC one

OP Drakeskakes

11th March 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

63 posts
Hey guys, I just got a new phone from the factory.

I have it unlocked, rooted with Super SU (verified root access) and CWM for Spr.
I downloaded 4.4 OTA and when I try to install, it loads into CMW, and imeddiately aborts. I try to load rom from Sdcard/download and select the the zip.
It verifies the file, then checks for signature. I toggled OFF signature verification, and it still continues to Abort. Here is the abort message.
The only thing I dont' have is S-OFF. Not sure if that is what is causing the issues, but I haven't found an easy way to S-OFF with a mac
I am also on Hboot 1.55
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2393.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	273.5 KB
ID:	2624147  
11th March 2014, 02:18 AM   |  #2  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 517

1,990 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakeskakes

I have it unlocked, rooted with Super SU (verified root access) and CWM for Spr.
I downloaded 4.4 OTA and when I try to install, it loads into CMW, and imeddiately aborts. I try to load rom from Sdcard/download and select the the zip.
It verifies the file, then checks for signature. I toggled OFF signature verification, and it still continues to Abort. Here is the abort message.
The only thing I dont' have is S-OFF. Not sure if that is what is causing the issues, but I haven't found an easy way to S-OFF with a mac
I am also on Hboot 1.55

You can't install/flash OTAs in a custom recovery. You need stock. Afaik, you can't be modified in anyway. That means no root or anything.

If you really wanna stay stock just flash an RUU for your region.

Or stay on custom ROMs. There's a multitude of great sense KitKat ROMs in the android development section which you can flash in CWM.

Sent from my CyanogenModded HTC One, using Tapatalk
Last edited by pardoned; 11th March 2014 at 02:20 AM.
11th March 2014, 08:21 AM   |  #3  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 106

460 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakeskakes

I am also on Hboot 1.55

Install ARHD 52 custom rom, 4.4 Kitkat and Sense 5.5 based. Much less headache than fully restoring ur phone
Also, firewater S-OFF exploit is fully compatible with Mac OS. Ive tested it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread