Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 54,330 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stable ROMS for HTC Desire C (working wifi)?

Tip us?

jameh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Stable ROMS for HTC Desire C (working wifi)?

I am looking for a ROM that has a nice theme, and is cleared of the Built-in apps that came with the stock OS.

I've tried ReVolutionMod 3.1, but cannot get wifi to work

I also see that CM10 does not have wifi support (because HTC hasn't released source for the driver, or the driver itself?)

I am a little confused about this phone because I thought it had an ICS stock distribution, however mine came with Eclair I beleive.

Could I be pointed to the working ROMS?

Thank you

me4488
Old
Thanks Meter 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameh View Post
I am looking for a ROM that has a nice theme, and is cleared of the Built-in apps that came with the stock OS.

I've tried ReVolutionMod 3.1, but cannot get wifi to work

I also see that CM10 does not have wifi support (because HTC hasn't released source for the driver, or the driver itself?)

I am a little confused about this phone because I thought it had an ICS stock distribution, however mine came with Eclair I beleive.

Could I be pointed to the working ROMS?

Thank you
The working roms are the ones that are based on ICS with or without sense.

HTC hasn't released the source code for the driver.
The desire C is retailed with ICS, as far as I know there haven't been android 2.2 Desire C's.
WiFi should be working flawlessly on your device, although you can try posting a logcat maybe some of the devs could point you to the solution.
I'll take a look at it if you are willing to post it here and see if i could figure out the problem.
Before you do anything to your device, please read this topic so you get started on things.

Devices:
- Google Nexus 5
Kernel: Zeta-Chromium
ROM: C-RoM

- HTC Desire C
Kernel: N.O.P.E. V2.6 - 850 MHz
ROM: Stock CM10

My work:
NOPE-Kernel V2 For CM10

If you need to speak to me urgently or ask me any questions, please do so on My Facebook.

RestlessScreams
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Just install a custom kernel like the Prometheus in my signature. Then wifi should work with the Revolution Rom ! (:

jameh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I'm not sure what happened with ReVolution, but I was getting "Error" in the little wifi widget persistently, and wasn't able to connect. Sorry I didn't get a logcat for it.

I ended up flashing Slim-Sense-v1, which I'm not sure is the best choice, but it seems stable for now.

Is there a good directory of these ROMS that is kept up-to-date? It seems very scattered and sparse over these forums and other sites for this phone.

bgveric1
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Just download one click tool ( however) and put kernel in kernel folder then click boot to bootloader and click flash kernel and WiFi should work.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using xda app-developers app

LaKsHaY1997
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Smile BOOT.IMG

You have to flash the boot.img included inside the rom...The one which is in root of the folder that is of 800 mhz and if your phone gets in bootloops with that just go in folder named Kernels and then flash any of the 2 kernels then your phone should boot up and WiFi should work

Hit THANKS IF I HELPED YOU
The Following User Says Thank You to LaKsHaY1997 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dr.pythagora
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaKsHaY1997 View Post
You have to flash the boot.img included inside the rom...The one which is in root of the folder that is of 800 mhz and if your phone gets in bootloops with that just go in folder named Kernels and then flash any of the 2 kernels then your phone should boot up and WiFi should work

Hit THANKS IF I HELPED YOU

I have tried all the three boot.img files of nameless 7.2.4 rom. The one clocked at 800MHz does not boot. The two others boot the device, but still wi-fi error.

I tried also the boot image of revolutionmodv.3.5. It even does not boot the device (bootloop at htc logo).

whoamigriffiths
Old
Thanks Meter 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.pythagora View Post
I have tried all the three boot.img files of nameless 7.2.4 rom. The one clocked at 800MHz does not boot. The two others boot the device, but still wi-fi error.

I tried also the boot image of revolutionmodv.3.5. It even does not boot the device (bootloop at htc logo).
You still having problems ?

Hers a link to my dropbox with the stock boot.img stock boot.img
"It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whoamigriffiths For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dr.pythagora
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoamigriffiths View Post
You still having problems ?

Hers a link to my dropbox with the stock boot.img stock boot.img
Thanks man. I tried it, and many others before. None of them solves wi-fi erro with my stock rom.

I do have a handset from Virgin Canada. Does it make sense that the boot.img should come from the stock of Virgin?

whoamigriffiths
Old
Thanks Meter 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.pythagora View Post
Thanks man. I tried it, and many others before. None of them solves wi-fi erro with my stock rom.

I do have a handset from Virgin Canada. Does it make sense that the boot.img should come from the stock of Virgin?
I have no idea if virgin canada is the issue but heres a link to a canadian rom . In that thread is another link for a rom .canadian rom I guess you need to see if there is a boot.img in there that will help .
What we have kinda seen on here is most wifi issues are solely boot.img issues.
Can you have to appreciate I'm at best clueless and and worst dangerous rofl.
Hopefully , just hopefully one of the guys with the knowledge will see my spammage in this section and come to our rescue lol
hope you can get this sorted . I'll pop by in a couple of hours and if you,ve had no luck I'll pm a few of the guys to pop into the thread
all the best rich
"It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw."

The Following User Says Thank You to whoamigriffiths For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]