CWM + Root for SAMSUNG Galaxy Infinite ( SCH-i759 )
This solution provided as is (with no warranty of any kind). Be careful because the described operations rather dangerous and possibly can brick your device. Author is not responsible for your device damage.
Usage of this method will affect the state of the "Custom BIN down" counter in your device. This means that you may have problems with official warranty.
Step 1. Getting software. change * with .
1. Install Samsung drivers
2. Download Odin 3.0.7
3. Download CWM Touch
4. Download UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65 package for rooting
5. Download Stock recovery
Step 2. Flash the updates
1. Switch off the device. Hold "volume down"+"home" buttons and press power button. When device switch on release the power button but continue to hold volume down and home until Download mode warning appear. Plug in the USB cable and press volume up button to continue. The device will load in ODIN download mode.
2. Extract ODIN 3.0.7.zip
, Run ODIN 3.0.7
. Don't change any setting (checkboxes ) - leave them in default state. Your device should appear in "ID:COM" part of the screen as serial device (i.e. "COM38") - if not check if your USB port is functional and Samsung drivers installed correctly.
3. Click on PDA
button and chose recovery.tar.md5 file saved during step 1.2. Don't rename or decompress the file - otherwise it will not work. Wait until ODIN decompress the package and check the checksums. After it just press START button and wait until the process is over.
4. Copy UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65
and Stock Recovery (CWM_ORI_SCH-I759)
package for rooting on SD card External and put the card in device's slot.
5. Switch off your device again
. Hold "volume up"+"home" buttons and press power button to switch on. Don't release volume up and home until the recovery loaded. Using volume up and volume down buttons navigate to menu item "apply zip from SdCard" and press power button to commit operation. Then navigate to UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip file and press power button again.
6. Done. Your device should be rooted now.
7. If you can't reboot on cwm, Flash "apply zip from SdCard" Stock Recovery (Stock-Recovery_SCH-I759.zip).
Bugs: sometimes ca't reboot in cwm, solution: flash stock recovery (Stock-Recovery_SCH-I759.zip). Please help me to fix it