Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,535 Members 39,874 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Leak][Canada] i337m VLUFNC1 Kit Kat - Multicarrier package, Now with 100% less pit!

Tip us?

0mega1
Old
(Last edited by 0mega1; 12th March 2014 at 05:07 AM.) Reason: Now with 100% less PIT file!
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Default [Leak][Canada] i337m VLUFNC1 Kit Kat - Multicarrier package, Now with 100% less pit!

Through a well executed chain of private messages I managed to get a hold of a shiny new leak for us S4 users, Don't know if it will help you AT&T users much, But I'd love it if it did. For now, this is for Canadian users only, and can be used (Confirmed with Bell, and Telus) with any carrier

Included in this package are a few things:

1) BL, AP, CP, and CSC files for Odin
2) Odin v3.09 to be used for flashing (Not confirmed to work with any other version, So why not have the latest? )

Instructions for Flashing

Root: Latest version of CF Auto root HERE (Seriously, go buy that guy a beer. http://www.chainfire.eu/ )

As far as flashing the package goes, all files need to be put in their respective shots as per the screenshot, you may need to flash 2-3 times in odin to get the whole package in there, like with most custom -> stock transitions.

The updated bootloader is the only real bummer here, overall a very nice package, fully rootable, works with Wanam Xposed for any of those curious, with very little as far as incompatible modules I can see.

One key change I'm missing personally is the lack of adaptive auto brightness... Can no longer increment -5/+5 on your auto brightness setting

Anyway, enough about it for now, here is the package link. Screenshots will be posted in a few minutes.

https://mega.co.nz/#!h8pTnCZS!t2-PiS...eZqtMvpsuKv_9Q <-- Now with 100% less pit file!

I know some people were doubting the legitimacy of this in the Canadian thread, but I just finally got permission to post the leak from my source, since it's not carrier specific, and doesn't tie back to any one specific person. Heh.
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to 0mega1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Relayers
Old
Thanks Meter 14
downloading right now, will install it asap.

Thanks a lot 0mega1

dahlungril
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Interested in trying this out...wondering if anyone has noticed any bugs or general performance issues? Also is it responsive on the S4?

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
Through a well executed chain of private messages I managed to get a hold of a shiny new leak for us S4 users, Don't know if it will help you AT&T users much, But I'd love it if it did. For now, this is for Canadian users only, and can be used (Confirmed with Bell, and Telus) with any carrier

Included in this package are a few things:

1) BL, AP, CP, and CSC files for Odin
2) The appropriate PIT file for the Canadian 16gb model
3) CF Auto Root package for Odin(Latest version as of posting) -- HUGE Thank you to chainfire for all of his work. http://www.chainfire.eu/
4) Odin v3.09 to be used for flashing (Not confirmed to work with any other version, So why not have the latest? )

Instructions for Flashing

As far as flashing the package goes, all files need to be put in their respective shots as per the screenshot, you may need to flash 2-3 times in odin to get the whole package in there, like with most custom -> stock transitions.

The updated bootloader is the only real bummer here, overall a very nice package, fully rootable, works with Wanam Xposed for any of those curious, with very little as far as incompatible modules I can see.

One key change I'm missing personally is the lack of adaptive auto brightness... Can no longer increment -5/+5 on your auto brightness setting

Anyway, enough about it for now, here is the package link. Screenshots will be posted in a few minutes.

https://mega.co.nz/#!ghpAhaaK!eXjKiZ...ot1msb6XOUlhgw

I know some people were doubting the legitimacy of this in the Canadian thread, but I just finally got permission to post the leak from my source, since it's not carrier specific, and doesn't tie back to any one specific person. Heh.
Samsung S4 (locked, unrooted, Bell)
Samsung SGSII LTE (unlocked, rooted CM10, rogers)
HTC Desire HD (unlocked, rooted CM7, rogers)

0mega1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlungril View Post
Interested in trying this out...wondering if anyone has noticed any bugs or general performance issues? Also is it responsive on the S4?

Thanks,
Up until I hear otherwise it is literally running on two phones, aside from whatever there is internally.

I've had zero issues since I flashed it yesterday, and battery has been great.

agriff
Old
Thanks Meter 284
Very nice. Thanks for uploading. Can someone please provide and upload a system dump of this ROM? Having trouble with my ext4.img extract tools since 4.3.
Thanks.
Samsung Galaxy S III - at&t US i747 version
Creator of: i747z (Modified) Stock Odexed ROM

jarmenti
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I noticed that the pit file isn't in the package anywhere!

TRusselo
Old
(Last edited by TRusselo; 11th March 2014 at 10:42 PM.)
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2758

DONATE TO ME
dont use pit files unless you NEED a pit file.

quick way to bork your phone

always check the post count of the Uploader.
less than 200 ? I would not follow his instructions. And i would only flash his leak, if my post count was higher and I knew what to do without reading some "new guy's" instructions

Relayers
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRusselo View Post
dont use pit files unless you NEED a pit file.

quick way to bork your phone

always check the post count of the Uploader.
less than 200 ? I would not follow his instructions. And i would only flash his leak, if my post count was higher and I knew what to do without reading some "new guy's" instructions
OP probably took the files and infos from here: http://true-android.blogspot.ca/2014...42-kitkat.html

TRusselo
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2758

DONATE TO ME
I don't care where he got it, my point is only experts should be flashing leaked firmware.

Or to put it simply if you need instructions, don't flash it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to TRusselo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TLS2000
Old
(Last edited by TLS2000; 12th March 2014 at 12:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 32
I've installed this using Odin. Can't get the modem file to stick. I'm stuck on MK6 for baseband. Wifi doesn't work as a result.

Did a complete wipe of System, Cache, Dalvik and Data.

I've tried reflashing the modem file a few times but it's not sticking. I'm attempting a reflash of the entire ROM right now to see if that does the trick.

Edit: It stuck after a second flash. Wifi works now.