[Leak][Canada] i337m VLUFNC1 Kit Kat - Multicarrier package, Now with 100% less pit!

11th March 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag NEVAR
Thanks Meter: 79

195 posts
More
Through a well executed chain of private messages I managed to get a hold of a shiny new leak for us S4 users, Don't know if it will help you AT&T users much, But I'd love it if it did. For now, this is for Canadian users only, and can be used (Confirmed with Bell, and Telus) with any carrier

Included in this package are a few things:

1) BL, AP, CP, and CSC files for Odin
2) Odin v3.09 to be used for flashing (Not confirmed to work with any other version, So why not have the latest? )

Instructions for Flashing

Root: Latest version of CF Auto root HERE (Seriously, go buy that guy a beer. http://www.chainfire.eu/ )

As far as flashing the package goes, all files need to be put in their respective shots as per the screenshot, you may need to flash 2-3 times in odin to get the whole package in there, like with most custom -> stock transitions.

The updated bootloader is the only real bummer here, overall a very nice package, fully rootable, works with Wanam Xposed for any of those curious, with very little as far as incompatible modules I can see.

One key change I'm missing personally is the lack of adaptive auto brightness... Can no longer increment -5/+5 on your auto brightness setting

Anyway, enough about it for now, here is the package link. Screenshots will be posted in a few minutes.

https://mega.co.nz/#!h8pTnCZS!t2-PiS...eZqtMvpsuKv_9Q <-- Now with 100% less pit file!

I know some people were doubting the legitimacy of this in the Canadian thread, but I just finally got permission to post the leak from my source, since it's not carrier specific, and doesn't tie back to any one specific person. Heh.
Last edited by 0mega1; 12th March 2014 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Now with 100% less PIT file!
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to 0mega1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 14

100 posts
downloading right now, will install it asap.

Thanks a lot 0mega1
11th March 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
More
Question
Interested in trying this out...wondering if anyone has noticed any bugs or general performance issues? Also is it responsive on the S4?

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0mega1

Through a well executed chain of private messages I managed to get a hold of a shiny new leak for us S4 users, Don't know if it will help you AT&T users much, But I'd love it if it did. For now, this is for Canadian users only, and can be used (Confirmed with Bell, and Telus) with any carrier

Included in this package are a few things:

1) BL, AP, CP, and CSC files for Odin
2) The appropriate PIT file for the Canadian 16gb model
3) CF Auto Root package for Odin(Latest version as of posting) -- HUGE Thank you to chainfire for all of his work. http://www.chainfire.eu/
4) Odin v3.09 to be used for flashing (Not confirmed to work with any other version, So why not have the latest? )

Instructions for Flashing

As far as flashing the package goes, all files need to be put in their respective shots as per the screenshot, you may need to flash 2-3 times in odin to get the whole package in there, like with most custom -> stock transitions.

The updated bootloader is the only real bummer here, overall a very nice package, fully rootable, works with Wanam Xposed for any of those curious, with very little as far as incompatible modules I can see.

One key change I'm missing personally is the lack of adaptive auto brightness... Can no longer increment -5/+5 on your auto brightness setting

Anyway, enough about it for now, here is the package link. Screenshots will be posted in a few minutes.

https://mega.co.nz/#!ghpAhaaK!eXjKiZ...ot1msb6XOUlhgw

I know some people were doubting the legitimacy of this in the Canadian thread, but I just finally got permission to post the leak from my source, since it's not carrier specific, and doesn't tie back to any one specific person. Heh.

11th March 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag NEVAR
Thanks Meter: 79

195 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlungril

Interested in trying this out...wondering if anyone has noticed any bugs or general performance issues? Also is it responsive on the S4?

Thanks,

Up until I hear otherwise it is literally running on two phones, aside from whatever there is internally.

I've had zero issues since I flashed it yesterday, and battery has been great.
11th March 2014, 08:22 PM   |  #5  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 287

429 posts
More
Very nice. Thanks for uploading. Can someone please provide and upload a system dump of this ROM? Having trouble with my ext4.img extract tools since 4.3.
Thanks.
11th March 2014, 10:36 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
I noticed that the pit file isn't in the package anywhere!
11th March 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #7  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 2,771

4,682 posts
Donate to Me
More
dont use pit files unless you NEED a pit file.

quick way to bork your phone

always check the post count of the Uploader.
less than 200 ? I would not follow his instructions. And i would only flash his leak, if my post count was higher and I knew what to do without reading some "new guy's" instructions
Last edited by TRusselo; 11th March 2014 at 10:42 PM.
11th March 2014, 11:01 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 14

100 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRusselo

dont use pit files unless you NEED a pit file.

quick way to bork your phone

always check the post count of the Uploader.
less than 200 ? I would not follow his instructions. And i would only flash his leak, if my post count was higher and I knew what to do without reading some "new guy's" instructions

OP probably took the files and infos from here: http://true-android.blogspot.ca/2014...42-kitkat.html
11th March 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #9  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 2,771

4,682 posts
Donate to Me
More
I don't care where he got it, my point is only experts should be flashing leaked firmware.

Or to put it simply if you need instructions, don't flash it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to TRusselo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #10  
Flag Mississauga
Thanks Meter: 32

162 posts
More
I've installed this using Odin. Can't get the modem file to stick. I'm stuck on MK6 for baseband. Wifi doesn't work as a result.

Did a complete wipe of System, Cache, Dalvik and Data.

I've tried reflashing the modem file a few times but it's not sticking. I'm attempting a reflash of the entire ROM right now to see if that does the trick.

Edit: It stuck after a second flash. Wifi works now.
Last edited by TLS2000; 12th March 2014 at 12:50 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread