[ROM][All-F2FS] SlimKat with All-F2FS support [02/05/14]

OP legolas93

11th March 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,191

635 posts
Donate to Me
SlimKat with "All-F2FS" support

I have modified SlimKat to work with F2FS partitions. All credits for the ROM to SlimKat guys.
This is for "All-F2FS" that mean that /system, /cache and /data are formatted with F2FS.
This is needed to switch to "All-F2FS".
ROM contains my Kernel with "All-F2FS" support and other goodies.

Ported sl[aou]b from Linux 3.4
Ported timer and workqueue from Linux 3.4
Ported random from Linux 3.13-rc4
Ported rwsem from Linux 3.11
Kernel NEON Mode
Etc..Etc..
Added GPU OC (Franco way..)
Added Toggle for FSYNC
Revert CPU OC things (We don't need it and it was a bit dirty..)

One of the goodies of my kernel is that i was able to reclaim more 18MB of RAM for Android. As you can see in Settings we are now at 993MB.
MultiROM isn't supported as now because i need to patch it to work with "new" ram.

What is F2FS?

F2FS (Flash-Friendly File System) is a flash file system created by Kim Jaegeuk at Samsung for the Linux operating system kernel. The motive for F2FS was to build a file system that from the start takes into account the characteristics of NAND flash memory-based storage devices (such as solid-state disks, eMMC, and SD cards), which are widely used in computer systems ranging from mobile devices to servers.

Download:
  • SlimKat 4.8: Here (New Kernel2)
  • SlimKat 4.6: Here (New Kernel)
  • SlimKat 4.4: Here
  • SlimKat 4.2: Here
  • SlimKat 4: Here
  • SlimKat 3.10: Here
  • SlimKat 3.8: Here
  • SlimKat 3.6: Here

You need a recovery with "All-F2FS" support. So..
To use this ROM read the instructions Here!

If you have problem with Xposed installation:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramer84015

You can download the v2.5 beta 2 from here. After installing, click on Setting and then select "Install from Recovery" either the 2nd or 3rd choice.

Hope i dind't any errors writing this down. I personally tested this procedure.
Enjoy.

Last edited by legolas93; 2nd May 2014 at 10:36 AM.
The Following 95 Users Say Thank You to legolas93 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 61

240 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by legolas93

SlimKat with "All-F2FS" support

I have modified SlimKat to work with F2FS partitions. All credits for the ROM to SlimKat guys.
This is for "All-F2FS" that mean that /system, /cache and /data are formatted with F2FS.
This is needed to switch to "All-F2FS".

Wonderful, can't wait to try it - thank you! Do you have any idea yet whether you'll have the time and/or inclination to keep up with future Slim builds?
11th March 2014, 10:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

635 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by dialmformostyn

Wonderful, can't wait to try it - thank you! Do you have any idea yet whether you'll have the time and/or inclination to keep up with future Slim builds?

Yes. Because Slim is my daily driver ROM!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to legolas93 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 85

340 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by legolas93

Yes. Because Slim is my daily driver ROM!

Can you make a tilapia version pls? I also use slimkat and I would like to use the the new file system.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to doiutzu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #5  
Flag Huntsville
Thanks Meter: 95

382 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doiutzu

Can you make a tilapia version pls? I also use slimkat and I would like to use the the new file system.

I've been using SlimKAT as well on my tilapia. It seems that overall, tilapia has been left behind on most ROMs for the N7. I don't know how difficult it would be since as far as I know the only difference is the existence of a radio, but if you could do this for us that would be awesome!
12th March 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #6  
Flag Jaipur
Thanks Meter: 4,477

4,957 posts
Donate to Me
More
Can u please modify the latest OMNI ROM nightly or can u at least point out exactly what needs to be modified if it isn't extremely complicated like changing 100s of lines of code in the source?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
12th March 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Is it possible that there is something wrong with the rom's zip file?

I'm asking since I've tried installing it on my grouper multiple times, and each time I got stuck at the Slimkat booting animation. When I downloaded the latest weekly from the Slimrom site and applied your kernel and the g-apps, everything worked fine.
12th March 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

635 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD325

I've been using SlimKAT as well on my tilapia. It seems that overall, tilapia has been left behind on most ROMs for the N7. I don't know how difficult it would be since as far as I know the only difference is the existence of a radio, but if you could do this for us that would be awesome!

I will try something when i have some free time..Maybe i will contact one of you via pm for some tests..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhu1

Can u please modify the latest OMNI ROM nightly or can u at least point out exactly what needs to be modified if it isn't extremely complicated like changing 100s of lines of code in the source?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

See here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curunir

Is it possible that there is something wrong with the rom's zip file?

I'm asking since I've tried installing it on my grouper multiple times, and each time I got stuck at the Slimkat booting animation. When I downloaded the latest weekly from the Slimrom site and applied your kernel and the g-apps, everything worked fine.

I think that you didn't follow the instructions. Read them Otherwise let me know..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to legolas93 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 85

340 posts
I installed the grouper version on my tilapia ( I couldn't wait) but I had a little problem flashing gapps. I couldn't flash full PA gapps because there wasn't enough space on the system partition. I usually use PA stock gapps with slim ROM. When I reverted to the previous file system with your zip( it worked, I tested it ) I flashed full PA gapps successfully.
Did you try to use art? For me it caused FC's.

12th March 2014, 08:24 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

635 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

I installed the grouper version on my tilapia ( I couldn't wait) but I had a little problem flashing gapps. I couldn't flash full PA gapps because there wasn't enough space on the system partition. I usually use PA stock gapps with slim ROM. When I reverted to the previous file system with your zip( it worked, I tested it ) I flashed full PA gapps successfully.
Did you try to use art? For me it caused FC's.

I'm using Slim GApps that you can find here.

And i'm using ART without any problems Try them!

(Thanks for testing the zip)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to legolas93 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread