Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,404 Members 40,079 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Official LG Stock (& AOSP) Camera Update [DEODEXED][MULTI-VARIANT]

Tip us?

Heatshiver
Old
(Last edited by Heatshiver; 4th December 2013 at 12:43 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 608
Camera [APP] Official LG Stock (& AOSP) Camera Update [DEODEXED][MULTI-VARIANT]

What's New:

"The app itself is more useful, time to focus is improved, low-light performance is better, etc. It's not perfect, but it's definitely an improvement. It seems like LG balanced things out. The video bit rate has been reduced, min fps increased, image quality increased, sharpness increased, audio bitrate increased, and more. Many of these changes are also in @Jishnu Sur's excellent mod, but with different values. Buy that guy a beer. He's been working on this camera for some time without even owning the device (and therefore without any of the benefit of the increased performance).

Included in the zip are a number of updated libs that deal with post-processing. If you use panorama, effects, etc. they may be improved with this. I don't use them much so I only verified they still work. Some of them (particularly some of the render script support libs), seem to be more for the stock Google gallery app and weren't even included in the VS98011A rom, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to include them in case the newer gallery app uses them." - xdabbeb

Instructions:

1) Do a backup in recovery, or backup the original files to be overwritten (check ZIP for names).
2) Flash.
AOSP
1) Flash.
NOTE: If these work on your variant and it's not on the list below, let us know so we can add it.

STOCK ROM
DOWNLOAD - Deodexed
DOWNLOAD - Deodexed (Mirror)
AOSP-based ROM (EXPERIMENTAL)
DOWNLOAD - v2
DOWNLOAD - v1

AOSP-based ROM Notes
The low-light FPS increase may not be in effect.
Burst is not working (but is available and may cause issues).
The intelligent auto does not work in low-lighting.
FC occurs when switching to front-camera, or using Panorama settings.

Confirmed Variants for Stock:
F320KE11
VS98011A (VZW)
D802A
D802B
LS980 (Sprint)
D800

Confirmed Variants for AOSP-based:
D802B
D803
D800 (AT&T)
LG Optimus 2x (P990)

Confirmed ROMs for Stock:
Stock rooted on all confirmed variants.
Malladus (VZW)
Grievous (D800)

Confirmed ROMs for AOSP-based (4.3):
AOSP
HeatshiverSX (AOKP)
OSE (VZW)
Carbon
PACman
PA
Slim ROM
CM10.2

Confirmed ROMs for AOSP-based (4.4):
PA
Gummy (VZW)
CM11
SlimKat
LucidPhusion

Create a Flashable ZIP Backup

1) If you would like to make a ZIP backup simply download the ZIP file for the update and make a copy.
2) Download a file explorer like ES Explorer or Root Explorer.
3) Open up the update ZIP and look at all the names of the folders, those will be mimicked in your phone's system folder.
4) Check the files within the folders of the update ZIP and note all the names, these will also be mimicked in your phone.
5) Use your file explorer and copy all the mimicked files in your phone to your SD card.
6) Connect your phone to your PC.
7) Move all your files to somewhere easily accessible.
8) Open (do not extract) the update ZIP copy with 7z or WinRAR.
9) Go into each folder (except META-INF) and copy over the files from your phone to the update ZIP copy.
10) Once you are done you now have a flashable ZIP to revert back to your previous state.

Camera NOT Showing in 4.3/4.4 Fix

If the AOSP camera is not appearing in the app drawer, first stop the camera that comes with the ROM, clear that camera's data, and then disable it. Reboot the phone and the AOSP camera should now be present. If it is not, then it is likely disabled. Re-enable it and that should get it to display.

Credits: xdabbeb, sefnap, Jishnu Sur
The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to Heatshiver For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

edangel
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Not working on rooted international stock rom...now i lost my camera...can u pleasepost original camera so i can restore back rather than flashing all over again stock rom to have a working camera??

vlug
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Tried this on the Sprint version. Didn't work. First time I installed the apks my phone did a boot loop twice and updated Android. Then I copied all the files into the other locations now my camera FC.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

javahuan
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by edangel View Post
Not working on rooted international stock rom...now i lost my camera...can u pleasepost original camera so i can restore back rather than flashing all over again stock rom to have a working camera??
Have you delete the .odex for two .apk?

Java
The Following User Says Thank You to javahuan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TechSilver13
Old
Thanks Meter 309
Thinking about trying this. I'll be smart and nandroid. I'll let you know in about 30 minutes. I'm att

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 4
- Motorolla e815 - LG VX-9800 - LG EnV VX-9900 - LG Voyager VX-10000 - BlackBerry 9700 Bold - iPhone 3G - iPhone 3GS - iPhone 4 - Samsung Infuse (i997) - Samsung GSII Skyrocket (I727) - Samsung GSII (i9100/i777) - Samsung GSIII (i747) - Samsung Note II (i317) - Samsung GSIV 32gb (i337) - LG G2 (LG-D800) - Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-940) - Galaxy Note 3 (N900A) - HTC One M8

fr4nk1yn
Old
(Last edited by fr4nk1yn; 14th November 2013 at 05:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 417
I was in the process of making some flashable additions for "my" ROM so here goes a flashable update and one to revert.
It removes and adds the necessary files.

Here's a flashable restore: http://www.adrive.com/public/bZgr7H/...ra_Restore.zip
Support Your Local Android Developer. That stuff* is HARD!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fr4nk1yn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xdabbeb
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3550

DONATE TO ME
If you guys want to hold off for a bit, there are still some other libraries I wanted to sort through for changes. I should be able to do so tomorrow and would be happy to provide the results for everyone if there is interest. My main intention was to get the principal files to Jishnu for his analysis.

TechSilver13
Old
Thanks Meter 309
This did work for me. I over wrote all the files and changed their permissions then deleted the odex files for the gallery and camera. The video focus is not fixed so not really worth the time IMO but thanks for sharing!!

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 4
- Motorolla e815 - LG VX-9800 - LG EnV VX-9900 - LG Voyager VX-10000 - BlackBerry 9700 Bold - iPhone 3G - iPhone 3GS - iPhone 4 - Samsung Infuse (i997) - Samsung GSII Skyrocket (I727) - Samsung GSII (i9100/i777) - Samsung GSIII (i747) - Samsung Note II (i317) - Samsung GSIV 32gb (i337) - LG G2 (LG-D800) - Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-940) - Galaxy Note 3 (N900A) - HTC One M8

fr4nk1yn
Old
Thanks Meter 417
I'm playing with it and I've noticed no difference. I'm still getting watercolor photos.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Support Your Local Android Developer. That stuff* is HARD!

skipness
Old
Thanks Meter 2
great work!thx

Tags
heatshiver, lg g2, lgcamera, official, update