Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,535 Members 40,043 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stupid question about flashing...

Tip us?

helpakidgrow
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Stupid question about flashing...

Hello, stupid question here.. But is it possible to flash a MJ5 based rom onto NB4? Thank you!

hey_joe
Old
Thanks Meter 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpakidgrow View Post
Hello, stupid question here.. But is it possible to flash a MJ5 based rom onto NB4? Thank you!
No, once you flash 4.4 you cannot go back to 4.3 firmware or roms. Only the SM-N900W8 can do that. Btw, it's not a stupid question, better safe than sorry.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to hey_joe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

helpakidgrow
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe View Post
No, once you flash 4.4 you cannot go back to 4.3 firmware or roms. Only the SM-N900W8 can do that. Btw, it's not a stupid question, better safe than sorry.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app
Thanks for the quick reply. Now that I think of it it's not that stupid of a question but I was stupid in the sense that I posted in the wrong forums. This was meant for the AT&T version...

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 575
Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply. Now that I think of it it's not that stupid of a question but I was stupid in the sense that I posted in the wrong forums. This was meant for the AT&T version...
Either way answer is the same...
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...
The Following User Says Thank You to ultramag69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

helpakidgrow
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69 View Post
Either way answer is the same...
Yea I figured that much :[ Guess I'm stuck with stock... Don't have the intelligence or time to create my own rom. Thanks for being helpful guys!

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 308
Quote:
Hmm, there might be something there - in the international Note there is N900W8 which DOES allow 4.4 -> 4.3 and I think I might have seen one of the major US versions with a claim of letting a downgrade 4.4 -> 4.3 but I can't say which one, you will have to look in the AT&T forum to be certain.
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7