[Q] Stupid question about flashing...

OP helpakidgrow

11th March 2014, 12:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello, stupid question here.. But is it possible to flash a MJ5 based rom onto NB4? Thank you!
11th March 2014, 01:07 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 329

1,092 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpakidgrow

Hello, stupid question here.. But is it possible to flash a MJ5 based rom onto NB4? Thank you!

No, once you flash 4.4 you cannot go back to 4.3 firmware or roms. Only the SM-N900W8 can do that. Btw, it's not a stupid question, better safe than sorry.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to hey_joe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe

No, once you flash 4.4 you cannot go back to 4.3 firmware or roms. Only the SM-N900W8 can do that. Btw, it's not a stupid question, better safe than sorry.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

Thanks for the quick reply. Now that I think of it it's not that stupid of a question but I was stupid in the sense that I posted in the wrong forums. This was meant for the AT&T version...
11th March 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #4  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 577

4,468 posts
Quote:

Thanks for the quick reply. Now that I think of it it's not that stupid of a question but I was stupid in the sense that I posted in the wrong forums. This was meant for the AT&T version...

Either way answer is the same...
The Following User Says Thank You to ultramag69 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69

Either way answer is the same...

Yea I figured that much :[ Guess I'm stuck with stock... Don't have the intelligence or time to create my own rom. Thanks for being helpful guys!
12th March 2014, 01:45 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 320

1,117 posts
Quote:

Hmm, there might be something there - in the international Note there is N900W8 which DOES allow 4.4 -> 4.3 and I think I might have seen one of the major US versions with a claim of letting a downgrade 4.4 -> 4.3 but I can't say which one, you will have to look in the AT&T forum to be certain.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread