Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,979 Members 45,366 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked Phone via Bootloader Downgrade

Tip us?

neilmopar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Bricked Phone via Bootloader Downgrade

Hi,

I bricked my phone by accidentally downgrading my boot-loader. I was running Quantum Rom which had previously required me to upgrade my bootloader. Since I was encountering some issues with the rom, I decided I wanted to flash back to stock. Foolishly, I used Odin to flash stock firmware which involved a bootloader downgrade as well. This resulted in a bricked phone . I can still boot into download mode but I am unsure on how to unbrick the phone since Odin doesn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks!

dawgdoc
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmopar View Post
I bricked my phone by accidentally downgrading my boot-loader. I was running Quantum Rom which had previously required me to upgrade my bootloader. Since I was encountering some issues with the rom, I decided I wanted to flash back to stock. Foolishly, I used Odin to flash stock firmware which involved a bootloader downgrade as well. This resulted in a bricked phone . I can still boot into download mode but I am unsure on how to unbrick the phone since Odin doesn't work. Any ideas?
If you are on the i747 and not an i747M, this should help you fix your phone, AT&T I747 UCUEMJB Stock Restore. It is done from a custom recovery.

SGS3 SGH-i747

TW 4.1.2, stock, rooted,
TiBu frozen

Samsung Captivate SGH-i897
Currently CyanogenMod 10.1.3
resurrected from softbrick using 4-2ndtwin's Heimdall OneClick to stock Gingerbread - 2.3.5 - kk4
ROM history Eclair > Froyo > Gingerbread > CM9
The Following User Says Thank You to dawgdoc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]