Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,660 Members 54,182 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[New Game][Free] TimesTwo - a game based on 2048

Tip us?

codechinchilla
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Smile [New Game][Free] TimesTwo - a game based on 2048

Hi everyone,

I just published (and updated) a new game called TimesTwo - it's based on the popular web game called 2048. 2048 unfortunately did not seem to work in the browser, so I decided to create a WP version. The premise is you have a 4x4 grid, and you can swipe in any direction to slide numbered tiles in that direction. If two tiles are the same number, they will combine to create a tile of twice that number, and you get points.

Link: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...3-78dd99822004

Once you start playing, it's easy to get the hang of it, but hard to master - I just made some tweaks based on feedback, and implemented an achievement system.

Please let me know if you have any feedback, and hope you guys enjoy! The game is free with no in app purchases, just ad supported.
The Following User Says Thank You to codechinchilla For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrdexal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi, your app look's really nice! But in my taste animation is kinda slow. At the start you don't need to think your moves yet so slow (slower than the original 2048 game) animation really kills my "game feeling".

codechinchilla
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdexal View Post
Hi, your app look's really nice! But in my taste animation is kinda slow. At the start you don't need to think your moves yet so slow (slower than the original 2048 game) animation really kills my "game feeling".
Thanks mrdexal! The latest version (with achievements) should be a little faster - I understand what you're saying though. The problem is currently i count a "swipe" as when you finish the swipe motion with your finger and lift up. Eventually I'd like to get it so that the tiles start moving as you're swiping, so it's as quick as the original 2048. Thanks for the feedback!

bogdan99999
Old
Thanks Meter 25
A little hard but it;s very nice. Nice work.