Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,856 Members 46,264 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Alternative App Stores

Tip us?

gino_76ph
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Alternative App Stores

Hi.

I'm being tempted to buy the new Kindle Fire HDX because of the build quality, amazing speakers and amazing specs. What puts me off is the lack of Google Play store but my main concern is not being able to download and sign-in to Google services and apps such as Youtube, maps, Email, etc.

What alternative ways (or third-party stores) that i can download so i can use and sign-in to most (if not all) of Google services apps that i normally need and have?

Please advice.

Thanks.

zXiC
Old
(Last edited by zXiC; 28th February 2014 at 12:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Take a look at the forums. At this point you can flash your HDX so that it's basically Android 4.2.2. Thing like Google Apps will all work. I check Gmail and use Google Drive daily on my HDX.

HDX is the best 7 inch tablet on the market right now. Its only real flaw being Fire OS can be remedied by anyone even remotely competent.
The Following User Says Thank You to zXiC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Darrian
Old
Thanks Meter 13
1mobile app store works, and you can download most if not all of the google apps through that. All that's really missing is the play store.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darrian For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gino_76ph
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
My wife has the old Kindle Fire HD and i have downloaded the 1Mobile market plus Good e-reader and Aptoide successfully. I found most (but not all of them) Google apps there but i noticed that you can't sign-in to them especially Youtube. Gmail is no big deal as i can check my mails on my phone or Mac. And there is no Google+ which is a shame. Unless i'm blind or its there now but last night i can't find it.

I dont' want to root my Kindle Fire HDX as im not familiar in the first place and i am very satisfied with just sideloading apps and going through third-party app stores. If there is another way to download the Google apps & services then ill buy the Fire HDX today.

So, apart from the ones i mentioned above is there another way(s) to look for .apk files of my favourite Google apps like Google+, Youtube, Maps, Translate, Drive, etc.? Please??

ptrsnshane
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gino_76ph View Post
My wife has the old Kindle Fire HD and i have downloaded the 1Mobile market plus Good e-reader and Aptoide successfully. I found most (but not all of them) Google apps there but i noticed that you can't sign-in to them especially Youtube. Gmail is no big deal as i can check my mails on my phone or Mac. And there is no Google+ which is a shame. Unless i'm blind or its there now but last night i can't find it.

I dont' want to root my Kindle Fire HDX as im not familiar in the first place and i am very satisfied with just sideloading apps and going through third-party app stores. If there is another way to download the Google apps & services then ill buy the Fire HDX today.

So, apart from the ones i mentioned above is there another way(s) to look for .apk files of my favourite Google apps like Google+, Youtube, Maps, Translate, Drive, etc.? Please??
Try this http://androidcowboy.com/android-apk-files-download/

Sent from my KFAPWI using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to ptrsnshane For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gino_76ph
Old
(Last edited by gino_76ph; 1st March 2014 at 09:15 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I am not desperate but it would be awesome if one can install the Google Play store on a Kindle Fire without rooting.

gino_76ph
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrsnshane View Post
Try this http://androidcowboy.com/android-apk-files-download/

Sent from my KFAPWI using xda app-developers app

Any other app stores i can download?

goxon
Old
Thanks Meter 3