Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,426 Members 53,422 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Toggle 2G

Tip us?

gigaguy
Old
(Last edited by gigaguy; 14th March 2014 at 04:35 PM.) Reason: Added play link
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Toggle 2G

Assuming switching to 2G actually save battery. How can I do this? I see an option in tasker, but it wont let me use it. I dont see anything mentioning 2g in "secure setting" plugin.

Can I use this this?

Or this (with xposed framework)

TS
NA1900
1/8
Stock Rom with Loki's security patch (not the casual one)

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3250

DONATE TO ME
@gigaguy

xposed + Gravitybox module
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server

gigaguy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Gravity box from the play store complains about system framework with Xposed installed and that module enabled.
Device: Samsung Galaxy S4
Watch: Motoactv 16gb

Lokifish Marz
Old
Thanks Meter 3250

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigaguy View Post
Gravity box from the play store complains about system framework with Xposed installed and that module enabled.

Then you install xposed, have it install the needed files, activate gravitybox. With gravity box you can have it autoe switch between 2g/3g, it will add a 2g/3g toggle, give an expanded power menu and a number of other features.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server

gigaguy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Doh !! I hadn't rebooted. I can get to gravity box now. I looked everywhere. Where is the 25th option?

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Lokifish Marz
Old
Thanks Meter 3250

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigaguy View Post
Doh !! I hadn't rebooted. I can get to gravity box now. I looked everywhere. Where is the 25th option?

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Please translate.

gigaguy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Darn auto correct. I meant, where is the 2g option in Gravity box? I looked in all the settings, and see no mention of 2g.

Thanks.

Lokifish Marz
Old
Thanks Meter 3250

DONATE TO ME
Gravitybox/Phone Tweaks/Smart Radio

My current config is ;
ON
GSM/WCDMA Auto
GSM
5sec
Checked
15min
Checked

The Following User Says Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]