[Q] HTC One Wont Turn On - Bricked?

OP steviep1981

12th March 2014, 08:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Hi Everyone,
I haven't been on here for a while. I have a HTC one that has stopped working. It is flashing the home and back buttons when I try to power it up and the LED light isn't working when I plug it in.
I Have managed to mess around enough with it trying the bright light trick and all combinations of power + volume down/up buttons to try and get it to spring into life. Iv e tried these connected to a charger and connected to the laptop as well.
When I press the volume down button and hold it the LED came on and started to flash, then it became constant red. I've left it charging overnight and its now a constant green so fully charged or so it thinks. Ive since tried the combination of buttons again but when I do the led goes off.
Ive scoured the internet last night for anyone with my similar situation and found a lot of posts but none that match my situation exactly.
When I turn it on normally nothing happens apart from the on sound and the under device manager it says "HTC MTP Device".
I m going to make a quick vid and put it on youtube and add the link in here just in case anyone has been in this situation before and found a remedy.
Before anyone asks I don't know what rom was on it, or if it was unlocked bootloader. I bought it second hand and just started using it. It went off mid day with plenty of battery and it wasn't hot.

Any help would be most appreciated as im running out of ideas fast!. plus my fingers are sore...lol.

Thanks for reading

Steve
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread