Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,463 Members 50,813 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.3 modem on 4.4 rom

Tip us?

p2kmafia
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default [Q] 4.3 modem on 4.4 rom

Is there an issue with using the 4.3 modem on the 4.4 rom? I recently went to TW 4.3 but then went back to 4.4 AOSB and some of my apps don't get data connection and I seem to have terrible service everywhere?

If so where can I find a usable modem?

Thanks in advance

Sandman-007
Old
Thanks Meter 785
If you are on a 4.4 AOSP ROM then you can update your modem to the latest. ML1. Just update the modem NOT the ML1 firmware

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman-007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

p2kmafia
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
ohhh ok so if I have already upgraded the firmware I should odin back to stock 4.2, then I can load the modem and my 4.4 rom?

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2kmafia View Post
ohhh ok so if I have already upgraded the firmware I should odin back to stock 4.2, then I can load the modem and my 4.4 rom?
No.

#1,There is no stock 4.2.

#2, if you did flash the 4.3 firmware you'd be stuck on stock 4.3. This isn't your case at all since you're on aosp 4.4.

If you're having signal issues you're free to flash mf1 or mb1 aio firmware zips. But you can only flash the 4.3 ml1 modem zip.

Does that make sense?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

lakingslayer
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2kmafia View Post
Is there an issue with using the 4.3 modem on the 4.4 rom? I recently went to TW 4.3 but then went back to 4.4 AOSB and some of my apps don't get data connection and I seem to have terrible service everywhere?

If so where can I find a usable modem?

Thanks in advance
I've seen the same issue on ASOB with the with ML1 BB and MF1 FW. I put my phone back to MB1 (Android 4.1.2) with Odin and re-rooted it and installed a custom recovery and then loaded the ASOB 1.3.1. I then loaded MF1 FW then ML1 BB. Seems to work fine now.
VZW Galaxy SIII Blue
16GB
CM11 Android 4.4.4
Stock kernel
Google experience launcher
The Following User Says Thank You to lakingslayer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sandman-007
Old
Thanks Meter 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingslayer View Post
I've seen the same issue on ASOB with the with ML1 BB and MF1 FW. I put my phone back to MB1 (Android 4.1.2) with Odin and re-rooted it and installed a custom recovery and then loaded the ASOB 1.3.1. I then loaded MF1 FW then ML1 BB. Seems to work fine now.
You must switching modems not firmware. There is HUGE difference. If you are loading the ML1 firmware then you can't go back previous firmwares. Period. But you can go back on the modems.

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman-007 View Post
You must switching modems not firmware. There is HUGE difference. If you are loading the ML1 firmware then you can't go back previous firmwares. Period. But you can go back on the modems.

He did it correctly, mf1 firmware to ml1 baseband (modem).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

p2kmafia
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
ya I definitely didn't flash the firmware then because I specifically waited to make sure I didn't get screwed. I guess something in the flashing process went wrong and I'm going to try a new rom to see if that fixes it. If not then I'll just re-odin like lakingslayer did and hopefully my problem will be gone.

Thanks guys!