Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 53,031 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Request] Dark Dialer / Contacts App Theme

Tip us?

ferganer
Old
(Last edited by ferganer; 27th May 2013 at 07:43 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Service [Request] Dark Dialer / Contacts App Theme

Is there any way to make the T-Mobile S4 white dialer app look like the stock dialer on the international version?

I find the white dialer to be annoying. It is too cartoonish-looking and its white theme is so inconsistent with the rest of the stock apps' UI.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ferganer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Texus915
Old
Thanks Meter 298
Please someone do this

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

tdevaughn
Old
(Last edited by tdevaughn; 27th May 2013 at 01:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 465
try swype dialer pro
you can modify the colors as you desire

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tdevaughn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sdizzy101
Old
Thanks Meter 13
+1

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda premium

flipq88
Old
Thanks Meter 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdevaughn View Post
try swype dialer pro
you can modify the colors as you desire

There are plenty of dialers in the app store. He wants the stock dialer themed as do I. Some of us actually like the tw dialer

Sent from Flip's Galaxy S4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flipq88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

atagilbert
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by elflip88 View Post
There are plenty of dialers in the app store. He wants the stock dialer themed as do I. Some of us actually like the tw dialer

Sent from Flip's Galaxy S4
+1

ferganer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Yes, I could have used ExDialer or any other dialer, but calls still go through the stock Phone app (you'll see the transition from the third-party dialer to the stock white dialer when making calls). Besides, the dark TW dialer does look great and consistent with the rest of the UI.

So, anyone know how to change the color of the STOCK dialer?

Thanks.

zoman7663
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferganer View Post
Yes, I could have used ExDialer or any other dialer, but calls still go through the stock Phone app (you'll see the transition from the third-party dialer to the stock white dialer when making calls). Besides, the dark TW dialer does look great and consistent with the rest of the UI.

So, anyone know how to change the color of the STOCK dialer?

Thanks.
I pulled the SecPhone and SecContacts apks from Wanam's Rom and successfully placed them on the system partition. Themed them with a theme from the i9505 thread and everything is working good... Except! CALL RECORDING. If you try and record a call it will lock up the phone requiring a reboot. I did have it work once but I'm still unsure of the particular circumstance, different kernel? No AC!D audio mod? Or what actually allowed this feature to work without locking the phone up. I ran out of time today to test. I really don't even care about that feature but I really don't want the random button press to disable the phone until rebooting. I looked everywhere for a non "hacked", call recording disabled SecPhone apk that didn't cause other non compatibly issues with no luck. But it sure looks good!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-05-27-15-59-40.jpg
Views:	1251
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	1996291  

T Mobile LG G3, Rooted T Mobile SGS4

makomek
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoman7663 View Post
I pulled the SecPhone and SecContacts apks from Wanam's Rom and successfully placed them on the system partition. Themed them with a theme from the i9505 thread and everything is working good... Except! CALL RECORDING. If you try and record a call it will lock up the phone requiring a reboot. I did have it work once but I'm still unsure of the particular circumstance, different kernel? No AC!D audio mod? Or what actually allowed this feature to work without locking the phone up. I ran out of time today to test. I really don't even care about that feature but I really don't want the random button press to disable the phone until rebooting. I looked everywhere for a non "hacked", call recording disabled SecPhone apk that didn't cause other non compatibly issues with no luck. But it sure looks good!
Don't use the Layout folders from the i9505 rom .

zoman7663
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by makomek View Post
Don't use the Layout folders from the i9505 rom .
Thanks for the tip, I'll check that out.

T Mobile LG G3, Rooted T Mobile SGS4