[Q] Switched Carriers Can I still Upgrade to Kit Kat 4.4.2 ?

OP LouieBlu

11th March 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 7

82 posts
More
Hello all, I recently switched from T-Mobile to AIO Wireless, Since the phone is an Original M919 can I still do the update to Kit Kat?

This phone has been unlocked, and I have rooted it currently using TWRP, but never installed any custom roms on it it still has the 4.3 on it

AIO Wireless uses AT&T Towers but they have a great deal $45 bucks per month for everything I was paying about 55 for T-Mobile getting only 500MB of Data with AIO i get 2.5 GB of data for 10 bucks less the service is really good hasn't failed me yet.

So that's my question Can I still Upgrade ? and will I loose everything? like TWRP etc... ?

sorry fro the noob question any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Louie
11th March 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #2  
Flag Modesto, Cali
Thanks Meter: 1,345

6,302 posts
More
On the KitKat discussion thread, someone put a link to the update package. You can sideload it. Be warned, you will lose root.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to LoopDoGG79 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 03:25 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 38

263 posts
To get the official OTA, you will have to go back to stock 4.3 and then upgrade from there. You will probably have to do a factory reset to bring it to official status after you unroot. It doesn't matter what carrier you are currently on.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4
The Following User Says Thank You to viskon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 7

82 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by viskon

To get the official OTA, you will have to go back to stock 4.3 and then upgrade from there. You will probably have to do a factory reset to bring it to official status after you unroot. It doesn't matter what carrier you are currently on.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopDoGG79

On the KitKat discussion thread, someone put a link to the update package. You can sideload it. Be warned, you will lose root.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Thanks I did a back up yesterday before I rooted the phone with Kies, I am looking at ABOUT PHONE and it still says 4.3 and Baseband M919UVUEMK2 isn't that stock ? I haven't put any Custom Roms on it just rooted, I will have to learn how to Unroot lol

Thanks for all your help
12th March 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #5  
Flag Altamont, KS
Thanks Meter: 48

186 posts
More
You won't need to factory reset. Mine was rooted and I figured it would be easier to use Odin to flash an official 4.3 back on. Did that and the phone was running just like yesterday but without root. So then I went ahead and did the upgrade via wifi. A day later and it's still running great. Never did a factory reset though. Now just patiently
waiting for more people saying they have rooted 4.4

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread