Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,223 Members 52,747 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

External Keyboard

Tip us?

ethutch
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Info 2 External Keyboard

If anyone is looking for an external keyboard for the Nexus 10 I just got a Logitech K400.

I had seen a year old thread (4.3?) that said you'd need a different kernel but it could be made to work. However it works with the KOT49H kernel.

This is NOT a bluetooth keyboard - at least it is not recognized as a bluetooth device. You need to use the included unifying adapter and an OTG cable!

But with this setup everything works remarkably well. Specifically this is a 14" keyboard that you can actually type on - for real. The trackpad works flawlessly, complete with multitouch scrolling.

All the dedicated keys work also! Not the function keys that have no equivalent in Android. But Home, play, lock, power on/off, volume, search etc.

This is a very cool device well worth the $25 Amazon charged for it. It is now practical to actually use AIDE.

gbeardmore
Old
Thanks Meter 45

DONATE TO ME
Sounds very interesting. How bout a picture of it connected to the tab with your OTG cable?
Phone: LG G2
Tab: Nexus 10 & Nook Color
Retired: HTC Inspire 4G

ilanzo82
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbeardmore View Post
Sounds very interesting. How bout a picture of it connected to the tab with your OTG cable?
+1!

ethutch
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Ask and you will receive

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ethutch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
external keyboard, k400