Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more
Post Reply

[Q] Camera Quality on the Note 3

OP JJ2525

12th March 2014, 02:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
263 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Hello,

I'm coming from a Nexus 5 which was by no means an excellent camera but significantly better than the Note 3. I mean, this Note 3 camera is absolutely atrocious. Terrible quality, blurry, takes a long time to take the pic, etc. I've tinkered around with the settings, to no avail. Is there any sort of fix for the camera? Perhaps a replacement camera APK that performs semi-decently. As I said, the Nexus 5 wasn't great but even in HDR mode it's quicker than my Note 3 to take a shot, and the quality on the Note 3 is quite abominable. I'm running slim kat 4.4.2
12th March 2014, 03:05 AM   |  #2  
dragonstalker's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Grovetown, Ga
Thanks Meter: 1,236
 
1,811 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ2525

Hello,

I'm coming from a Nexus 5 which was by no means an excellent camera but significantly better than the Note 3. I mean, this Note 3 camera is absolutely atrocious. Terrible quality, blurry, takes a long time to take the pic, etc. I've tinkered around with the settings, to no avail. Is there any sort of fix for the camera? Perhaps a replacement camera APK that performs semi-decently. As I said, the Nexus 5 wasn't great but even in HDR mode it's quicker than my Note 3 to take a shot, and the quality on the Note 3 is quite abominable. I'm running slim kat 4.4.2

run over to the n9005 thread and get a copy of the lenovocamera apk.
12th March 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
263 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonstalker

run over to the n9005 thread and get a copy of the lenovocamera apk.

Can you possibly send me a link? I searched 'lenovocamera' and didn't come up with anything in a Note 3 forum. Also, will a N9005 app work with my N900T? Thanks
12th March 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #4  
dragonstalker's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Grovetown, Ga
Thanks Meter: 1,236
 
1,811 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ2525

Can you possibly send me a link? I searched 'lenovocamera' and didn't come up with anything in a Note 3 forum. Also, will a N9005 app work with my N900T? Thanks

yes, and it's in the note 3 themes and apps section.
12th March 2014, 03:23 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
263 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
This is significantly better. Thanks a lot.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2665714
The Following User Says Thank You to JJ2525 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Newington
Thanks Meter: 34
 
141 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
More
I like Procapture better then stock camera app. It has alot more options then the stock app. There's also a free version as well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ios.procapture


Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
12th March 2014, 12:53 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
263 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Just a heads up, the lenovo app is a great camera but appears to drain the battery significantly. I added it to Greenify, so hopefully that fixes the problem.
13th March 2014, 12:37 PM   |  #8  
raw2000j's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 223
 
1,500 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
I use camera 360

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes