Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

I need assistance with Pit and Odin etc

12th March 2014, 06:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

219 posts
More
Let me just say I have been in this business long enough and it has been a while since I have been in a situation like this. So I'm running the project x port. And I want to upgrade to official 4.4. I download the tar and try to Odin it. I get this PIT error, like it requires the PIT file for something. Long story short I have been trying to flash the stock 4.3 rom and original PIT, stock 4.4 and kk Pit file. So they all keep failing and I tried ode and heimdall. Every time there is a Pit error and it won't go further.
I thought I had a 800 dollar brick with all this flashing but it boots up fine and works fine. I did not expect that to happen. And I can't boot to recovery.
So my question is:Anyone else have this experience?
Anyone have a solution?
Know why or what caused this?
How to go from project x to the newest ota?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to midnight93933 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2014, 06:41 AM   |  #2  
Flag MASTIC BEACH NY
Thanks Meter: 863

2,978 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight93933

Let me just say I have been in this business long enough and it has been a while since I have been in a situation like this. So I'm running the project x port. And I want to upgrade to official 4.4. I download the tar and try to Odin it. I get this PIT error, like it requires the PIT file for something. Long story short I have been trying to flash the stock 4.3 rom and original PIT, stock 4.4 and kk Pit file. So they all keep failing and I tried ode and heimdall. Every time there is a Pit error and it won't go further.
I thought I had a 800 dollar brick with all this flashing but it boots up fine and works fine. I did not expect that to happen. And I can't boot to recovery.
Anyone have a solution?

Thanks

It simple download stock 4.3 flash that. Wipe wipe wipe. Then download the official 4.4.2 then root and so forth. Don't cheat and get modded 4.4.2. Go to sammymobile and download original and install thru Odin. A few videos in threads show how

TWEAKED 2.0 ELEMENT V3.0 NOTE 3
The Following User Says Thank You to BACARDILIMON For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2014, 12:09 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Grovetown, Ga
Thanks Meter: 1,231

1,811 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight93933

Anyone have a solution?

Thanks

Go to dev section and download the tar. Put phone in download mode. Odin 3.7 or 3.9 your choice load the tar in the "AP" section and hit start. It may fail the first time. Did for me, and pretty much everybody else. Don't freak. If at first you don't succeed. So boot back into download mode and run the process a second time, this time it will go all the way through and you will have a nice clean Kitty Kat Phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to dragonstalker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

219 posts
More
When I flash in odin I NAND write start! then a big FAIL
13th March 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

219 posts
More
So i think my phone is a zombie.. I can boot into recovery and into the system and actually do stuff its just really slow and bugs out. I have never seen a phne do this before help?
13th March 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

219 posts
More
Alright I figured out my bonehead move. It flashed fine now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread