Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 41,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I need assistance with Pit and Odin etc

Tip us?

midnight93933
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default I need assistance with Pit and Odin etc

Let me just say I have been in this business long enough and it has been a while since I have been in a situation like this. So I'm running the project x port. And I want to upgrade to official 4.4. I download the tar and try to Odin it. I get this PIT error, like it requires the PIT file for something. Long story short I have been trying to flash the stock 4.3 rom and original PIT, stock 4.4 and kk Pit file. So they all keep failing and I tried ode and heimdall. Every time there is a Pit error and it won't go further.
I thought I had a 800 dollar brick with all this flashing but it boots up fine and works fine. I did not expect that to happen. And I can't boot to recovery.
So my question is:Anyone else have this experience?
Anyone have a solution?
Know why or what caused this?
How to go from project x to the newest ota?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
I have notin to post here.... so yeah
The Following User Says Thank You to midnight93933 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BACARDILIMON
Old
Thanks Meter 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight93933 View Post
Let me just say I have been in this business long enough and it has been a while since I have been in a situation like this. So I'm running the project x port. And I want to upgrade to official 4.4. I download the tar and try to Odin it. I get this PIT error, like it requires the PIT file for something. Long story short I have been trying to flash the stock 4.3 rom and original PIT, stock 4.4 and kk Pit file. So they all keep failing and I tried ode and heimdall. Every time there is a Pit error and it won't go further.
I thought I had a 800 dollar brick with all this flashing but it boots up fine and works fine. I did not expect that to happen. And I can't boot to recovery.
Anyone have a solution?

Thanks

It simple download stock 4.3 flash that. Wipe wipe wipe. Then download the official 4.4.2 then root and so forth. Don't cheat and get modded 4.4.2. Go to sammymobile and download original and install thru Odin. A few videos in threads show how

TWEAKED 2.0 ELEMENT V3.0 NOTE 3
NOTE 3 TWEAKED
The Following User Says Thank You to BACARDILIMON For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dragonstalker
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1222

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight93933 View Post
Anyone have a solution?

Thanks

Go to dev section and download the tar. Put phone in download mode. Odin 3.7 or 3.9 your choice load the tar in the "AP" section and hit start. It may fail the first time. Did for me, and pretty much everybody else. Don't freak. If at first you don't succeed. So boot back into download mode and run the process a second time, this time it will go all the way through and you will have a nice clean Kitty Kat Phone.

--HTC One (M*8)
--Note 10.1 2k4
-Recovery: TWRP
-Recovery: TWRP
-ROM: NV M8 RLS2
-ROM: xKat V3.2
-Kernel: ?
-Kernel: Bindroid V3

Blog: MobileEscape.blogspot.com

Retired: Behold, G1, MT Fender, MT3G Slide, Vibrant, N1, HD2 (android-Froyo), Viewsonic G-Tablet, AT&T SE Xperia X10i, Samsung Galaxy Tab; HTC Inspire, HTC Sensation, Droid Charge, MYTOUCH4G , Thunderbolt, Droid DNA (traded), Note 2, HTC Rezound, Note 3 (jumped)
The Following User Says Thank You to dragonstalker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

midnight93933
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
When I flash in odin I NAND write start! then a big FAIL

midnight93933
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
So i think my phone is a zombie.. I can boot into recovery and into the system and actually do stuff its just really slow and bugs out. I have never seen a phne do this before help?

midnight93933
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Alright I figured out my bonehead move. It flashed fine now.