[Q] [HELP]Moto G (4.4.2) USB debugging wont work

OP battlemaxi

11th March 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Hey guys, i have the following problem.
So I want to unlock the bootloader of my Moto G but to do that I must use USB debugging. But if I use the command "adb devices" it gets always shown as offline. So I did a little research and found out, that since 4.4.2 a Pop-Up should show up to allow USB debugging with the connected PC.
Problem is this Pop-Up won't show up...
Could you please help me. I couldn't find a solution. Really frustating
11th March 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #2  
Flag Penicuik
Thanks Meter: 6

38 posts
More
Have you enabled USB debugging in Developer Options in settings?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
11th March 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Of course I did ^^
11th March 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #4  
Flag Henderson, NV
Thanks Meter: 94

279 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlemaxi

Hey guys, i have the following problem.
So I want to unlock the bootloader of my Moto G but to do that I must use USB debugging. But if I use the command "adb devices" it gets always shown as offline. So I did a little research and found out, that since 4.4.2 a Pop-Up should show up to allow USB debugging with the connected PC.
Problem is this Pop-Up won't show up...
Could you please help me. I couldn't find a solution. Really frustating

For my XT1031, I had to use the Motorola USB drivers for ADB to work, and Kush's Universal ADB drivers for Fastboot to work.
And if you are using Windows 8/8.1, then you have to disable to forced signature verification in order to install the Universal ADB drivers.

Also, for ADB to work in Windows, I had to set the phone's USB computer connection to Camera (PTP), instead of Media Device.
11th March 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
I'm using Motorolas Drivers. I downloaded them from the official website.
My ADB is also on the latest version (1.0.3.1). Also tried to factory reset my phone. Nothing works, the pop-up wont show up...
11th March 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #6  
Flag Henderson, NV
Thanks Meter: 94

279 posts
More
Quote:

I'm using Motorolas Drivers. I downloaded them from the official website.
My ADB is also on the latest version (1.0.3.1). Also tried to factory reset my phone. Nothing works, the pop-up wont show up...

Dude, you need to follow the instructions step by step and provide more info about what's going on.

1. Is your "Enable ADB debugging" enabled? You said yes.. does your phone show "Android debugging enabled" icon when you plug it into your computer? If not, you don't have it enabled !

2. If you see the notification, go to Device Manager (hope you are using Windows, or I can't really help you), then can you find your device there? If the USB drivers are installed correctly, then you should see "Android Device" then a "Motorola ADB Interface" inside it. If not, you will see a yellow exclamation with something like "Motorola device"..

3. Did you change your phone's USB computer connection to Camera (PTP)??
11th March 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #7  
Flag Stara Zagora
Thanks Meter: 72

300 posts
Donate to Me
More
If adb says that the device is "offline" but you see its ID, then you didnt authorize (on the phone) the pc to access USB Debugging, its a new feature of 4.4.When you connect your phone, a prompt should appear (check the status bar if it doesnt), saying a computers with RSA Key XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX requested access to USB Debugging.

good luck
11th March 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
First of thanks for your help, much appreciated

1. Yes I have USB debugging enabled. If I plug in my Moto G a icon appears in the Notification-Center which says "USB debugging activated"

2. Yes if I go into the Device Manager I can see Android Device

3. Yes I ded change my USB-Setting to PTP

Any other ideas ?
11th March 2014, 11:11 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 87

272 posts
More
Quote:

First of thanks for your help, much appreciated

1. Yes I have USB debugging enabled. If I plug in my Moto G a icon appears in the Notification-Center which says "USB debugging activated"

2. Yes if I go into the Device Manager I can see Android Device

3. Yes I ded change my USB-Setting to PTP

Any other ideas ?

Actually you do not need adb to unlock the bootloader only mfastboot which does not need adb to work all you do is boot into the bootloader then follow this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...38&postcount=6
11th March 2014, 11:17 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveroy

If adb says that the device is "offline" but you see its ID, then you didnt authorize (on the phone) the pc to access USB Debugging, its a new feature of 4.4.When you connect your phone, a prompt should appear (check the status bar if it doesnt), saying a computers with RSA Key XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX requested access to USB Debugging.

good luck

As mentioned above (first post of the thread) I know that I gotta allow my PC to connect properly to the phone. But the problem is that pop-up thingy wont show up. So I'm not able to allow USB debugging for my PC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin0800

Actually you do not need adb to unlock the bootloader only mfastboot which does not need adb to work all you do is boot into the bootloader then follow this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...38&postcount=6

Everytime I try to do this i get the errormessage, that those commands or not known even if I'm at the right folder with the fastboot.exe within it. Because of that I thought I would need the connection to be online (I'm kinda new to all of this :P).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread