Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,924 Members 44,955 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] htc hd2 low Ram

Tip us?
 
e_m_e2000
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 64
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default [Q] htc hd2 low Ram

hi
i have htc hd2 running jeally bean 4.2.2 on native SD, i have only 420 MB RAM, when i go to apps >>> running apps
i found a lot of apps using RAM such as Google search, Google services, Google play, settings, keyboard and some off my running apps such as Facebook, twitter

so my phone running slow

if there any way to increase RAM?
or stop this apps from running in background ?
 
lolerpro8
Old
#2  
lolerpro8's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 185
Posts: 535
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: uoy dellort tsuj I
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_m_e2000 View Post
hi
i have htc hd2 running jeally bean 4.2.2 on native SD, i have only 420 MB RAM, when i go to apps >>> running apps
i found a lot of apps using RAM such as Google search, Google services, Google play, settings, keyboard and some off my running apps such as Facebook, twitter

so my phone running slow

if there any way to increase RAM?
or stop this apps from running in background ?
Hd2 actually has 576mb of ram. Some of it is reserved for kernel and gpu, but we still havent allocated all of it. I suggest for freeing ram is to make lmk values higher and to use the task killer

Sent from my leo using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Phone:

Prestigio pap5044( lava iris 504q)
Rom: stock modified
Kernel: stock
Recovery: TWRP

Tablet:
Lenovo A8-50
Rom: Stock 4.4.2
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: Stock
 
e_m_e2000
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 64
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolerpro8 View Post
Hd2 actually has 576mb of ram. Some of it is reserved for kernel and gpu, but we still havent allocated all of it. I suggest for freeing ram is to make lmk values higher and to use the task killer

Sent from my leo using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
thanks MR.lolerpro8
but please how i can make lmk values higher?

is Smart RAM Booster good task manger app and will help my case ?
 
lolerpro8
Old
(Last edited by lolerpro8; 15th March 2014 at 08:04 PM.)
#4  
lolerpro8's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 185
Posts: 535
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: uoy dellort tsuj I
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_m_e2000 View Post
thanks MR.lolerpro8
but please how i can make lmk values higher?

is Smart RAM Booster good task manger app and will help my case ?
For lmk values use some kernel twraker

And i preffer clean master for task killer
Phone:

Prestigio pap5044( lava iris 504q)
Rom: stock modified
Kernel: stock
Recovery: TWRP

Tablet:
Lenovo A8-50
Rom: Stock 4.4.2
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: Stock
 
e_m_e2000
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 64
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolerpro8 View Post
For lmk values use some kernel twraker

And i preffer clean master for task killer

sorry
i listen about lmk values for my first time, what did you mean with kernel twraker ?

if there is an app to do it please tell me its name
 
lolerpro8
Old
#6  
lolerpro8's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 185
Posts: 535
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: uoy dellort tsuj I
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_m_e2000 View Post
sorry
i listen about lmk values for my first time, what did you mean with kernel twraker ?

if there is an app to do it please tell me its name
Lmk - low memory killer
Its used by Android system to kill the apps when its running out of ram. And yes kernel tweaker will do just fine

Sent from my NexusHD2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Phone:

Prestigio pap5044( lava iris 504q)
Rom: stock modified
Kernel: stock
Recovery: TWRP

Tablet:
Lenovo A8-50
Rom: Stock 4.4.2
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to lolerpro8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
e_m_e2000
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 64
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolerpro8 View Post
Lmk - low memory killer
Its used by Android system to kill the apps when its running out of ram. And yes kernel tweaker will do just fine

Sent from my NexusHD2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
thanks MR.lolerpro8 i will try

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes