Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

ERROR: ERROR: Cannot read ramdisk image

OP zgeorgiev

23rd December 2011, 10:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

47 posts
Hello guys,
Does anyone know what does this message mean:"ERROR: ERROR: Cannot read ramdisk image"?
It appeared on my HD2 while I was installing an Android ROM on it and now I cannot run any other OS on it but Windows Mobile. I tried Google but had no luck. Only one person as far as I understood experienced this problem but I have no reply from him and I am not even sure if he managed to solve the problem anyway.
So, if anyone knows something about it I would be happy to hear. Any help would be useful. Thanks in advance!
Best regards
23rd December 2011, 11:21 PM   |  #2  
Flag Novi Sad
Thanks Meter: 53

298 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgeorgiev

Hello guys,
Does anyone know what does this message mean:"ERROR: ERROR: Cannot read ramdisk image"?
It appeared on my HD2 while I was installing an Android ROM on it and now I cannot run any other OS on it but Windows Mobile. I tried Google but had no luck. Only one person as far as I understood experienced this problem but I have no reply from him and I am not even sure if he managed to solve the problem anyway.
So, if anyone knows something about it I would be happy to hear. Any help would be useful. Thanks in advance!
Best regards

Did u flashed radio ?
24th December 2011, 03:24 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

47 posts
I reflashed radio, did task29, flashed hspl, flashed Magldr, flashed stock WM ROM from my PC, then again from sd card and no result. WM ROM works ok but that's it. No Android or WP7 can be flashed. In order to be more specific, here is what I do:

1. HSPL 2.08
2. task29 with Radio 2.15
3. Magldr
4. CWM

And when I try to enter AD Recovery from the Magldr menu I receive the message I mentioned in my first post and there is nothing more to be done but using the phone with WM which in my opinion makes out of my HD2 a piece of crap.
24th December 2011, 03:28 AM   |  #4  
Flag Novi Sad

298 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgeorgiev

I reflashed radio, did task29, flashed hspl, flashed Magldr, flashed stock WM ROM from my PC, then again from sd card and no result. WM ROM works ok but that's it. No Android or WP7 can be flashed. In order to be more specific, here is what I do:

1. HSPL 2.08
2. task29 with Radio 2.15
3. Magldr
4. CWM

And when I try to enter AD Recovery from the Magldr menu I receive the message I mentioned in my first post and there is nothing more to be done but using the phone with WM which in my opinion makes out of my HD2 a piece of crap.

Let mi simple u Task29 and Radio Rom

Task 29 - When u do task 29 to phone u delete everything even radio rom. So the thing u need to do is do this for magldr :
-Task29
-Radio Rom
-Magldr
-CWM
-Wipe
-Flash Rom
-Calibrate battery (some roms do it itself)

If it will make u easier i can make tutorial but im pretty much sure there is milions of them .

Try that way and report if it worked . Its 30min process.

EDIT: HD2 powered by WM is crippled yea. Android is far superiour even withou cam. But let me tell u one thing first thing why i tooked HD2 is Windows by stock and customization possible. Didnt carred about low battery etc. Windows is till now unbeatable bussines platform. iOs is near but its not it. Android hard to get bussines capable like windows 7. What I mean windows is bussines ready,iPhone is kinda ready and on android u have to customize like hell to get everything (at least what I as system admin need)
Last edited by Cjovecje!; 24th December 2011 at 03:30 AM.
24th December 2011, 12:19 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

47 posts
Task29 does not delete your radio. I was sure of it because I had flashed my phone a lot of times in the past, but anyway, I tried your method and the result was the same. When I install Magldr and then CWM, the phone does not let me enter the CWM menu so I cannot continue with the flashing of the Android ROM itself. It is just not possible without CWM. I also tried cLK method but when I press and hold the home key, the phone restarts and I get to a dead end once again. Thanks for your help anyway.
As far as WM is concerned, there is absolutely no chance for me to use this phone with this OS. if I cannot find a way to manage the problem I will just sell the phone and buy a native Android one which will make things much easier for me.
Best regards
24th December 2011, 02:59 PM   |  #6  
Flag Novi Sad

298 posts
More
Which rom are u trying to install?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
24th December 2011, 08:44 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

47 posts
It is all the same which one because when you are not able to enter the CWM menu you cannot install anything, but for instance, let's say this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1264828
24th December 2011, 11:42 PM   |  #8  
Flag Novi Sad

298 posts
More
I had problems booting that rom too. Try this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1326217 almost perfect. Mwakious has some bugs i w8 for him to fix it
25th December 2011, 08:20 PM   |  #9  
OP Member

47 posts
You don't follow what I say. I cannot enter CWM menu so I cannot even start flashing any ROM, it doesn't matter which one it is.
Merry Christmass by the way!
25th December 2011, 09:21 PM   |  #10  
Flag Novi Sad

298 posts
More
Which windows mobile u have/had ? Can u run android from sd ? Can u tell me exact procedure u tried to install nand android? If u want to try ffaster u can pm me to send u skype or gtalk.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread