Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 54,104 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Help} Phone won't boot past "Warning Bootloader Unlocked" after restart

Tip us?

skatingrocker17
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Question [Help} Phone won't boot past "Warning Bootloader Unlocked" after restart

I'm having the same issue as in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2417726

But there was no resolution that the OP posted.

I was running the 9/13/13 PacMan rom when I tried to restart because the phone was running slow. When the phone booted back up, it was stuck at the unlocked bootloader message.I could get into CWM, I tried to reflash the rom, and wipe everything but nothing worked. I also tried flashing all 3 of the stock firmwares (found here: sbf.droid-developers.org/dinara/list.php) in RSDLite, but they all fail. I was trying to follow the instructions in post #6 of the other thread, but they weren't making sense to me..... what can I try. Currently I'm just sitting here at the fast boot screen.

Thanks

Silentwidow
Old
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatingrocker17 View Post
I'm having the same issue as in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2417726

But there was no resolution that the OP posted.

I was running the 9/13/13 PacMan rom when I tried to restart because the phone was running slow. When the phone booted back up, it was stuck at the unlocked bootloader message.I could get into CWM, I tried to reflash the rom, and wipe everything but nothing worked. I also tried flashing all 3 of the stock firmwares (found here: sbf.droid-developers.org/dinara/list.php) in RSDLite, but they all fail. I was trying to follow the instructions in post #6 of the other thread, but they weren't making sense to me..... what can I try. Currently I'm just sitting here at the fast boot screen.

Thanks
When you use RSD, why does it fail? If it fails because it can't find the device, go into your device manager(assuming you have windows) and there is going to be a (I believe it says Full Android Emulator) right click that one and install the driver by choosing one and use the Motorola ADB driver. Replug the device then try again.

Now, if you are using RSD and the device is showing, is it failing due to the XML files being wrong? Remember you have to delete the GetVar max download size lines, there is two of them, as described here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&highlight=rsd
The Following User Says Thank You to Silentwidow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skatingrocker17
Old
(Last edited by skatingrocker17; 15th September 2013 at 06:07 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
When trying to flash: 7.7.1Q-144_MB886_MR1-22_SIGNED_CFC.xml
RSD Lite is giving the error: "Failed flashing process. Unknown fastboot command. (getvar)"

7.7.1Q-115_MB886_FFW-14_SIGNED_CFC.xml
Error: "Failed flashing process. 1/23 flash partition "gpt_main0.bin" ->Phone returned FAIL."

MB886_att-user-4.1.1-9.8.0Q-97_MB886_FFW-20-27-release-keys-ATT-US_BuildA.xml
"Failed flashing process. Unknown fastboot command. (getvar)"

In Device Manager it says ADB Interface -> Mot Single ADB Interface.
I have use ADB commands with this computer to the ATRIX HD before so it should work.

In fast boot, I've noticed it says
"Fastboot reason: Flash Failure
usb connected
downgraded security version
update gpt_main version failed
preflash validation failed for GPT"

UPDATE:
I have removed the "<step operation="getvar" var="max-download-size" />" lines from the .XMF files now I get the "Failed flashing process. 1/23 flash partition "gpt_main0.bin" ->Phone returned FAIL." on all the files.

TecknoFreak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 806

DONATE TO ME
Make sure the files are put on desktop and not a folder and try again going to stock

Sent from my Atrix HD using ProBAM rom and XDA 4 Premium
Motorola Atrix HD(MB886)
Just Thank me if I Helped you. That will pay off my time if you do
If you think I did great then why not buy me a small coffee
The Following User Says Thank You to TecknoFreak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skatingrocker17
Old
(Last edited by skatingrocker17; 15th September 2013 at 07:21 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVLAN View Post
Make sure the files are put on desktop and not a folder and try again going to stock

That didn't seem to help. Before I just had them on the root of the D drive but I am getting the same errors from the desktop. Not sure if it matters, but I'm running RSD Lite 6.1.5.

Update: Tried 6.1.4... no luck.

TecknoFreak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 806

DONATE TO ME
Maybe running the rsdlite as admin?
Open a new Fastboot without usb connection to PC then connect and open rsdlite again and try. I had this problem before and playing with it i manage to flash stock. I forgot how exactly I did though. Just keep trying. I know one of my issues was to put the att stock rom on desktop

Motorola Atrix HD(MB886)
Just Thank me if I Helped you. That will pay off my time if you do
If you think I did great then why not buy me a small coffee
The Following User Says Thank You to TecknoFreak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skatingrocker17
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVLAN View Post
Maybe running the rsdlite as admin?
Open a new Fastboot without usb connection to PC then connect and open rsdlite again and try. I had this problem before and playing with it i manage to flash stock. I forgot how exactly I did though. Just keep trying. I know one of my issues was to put the att stock rom on desktop

Just tried that, I am now using a real Motorola USB cable too.

If I remove the "<step operation="flash" partition="partition" filename="gpt_main0.bin" MD5="900113B868E61E8FC4E59F72C0B67193" />" line from all the files, I get an error that says "Failed flashing process. 1/22 flash sbl1 "sbl1.mbn" -> USB error occurred while reading/writing." Otherwise, I get the error "Failed flashing process. 1/23 flash partition "gpt_main0.bin" -> USB error occurred while reading/writing."

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. This isn't my first Motorola phone, I've used RSD Lite before in the past as well as ODIN for Samsung phones and have never had any issues so difficult to solve. I'm not even sure what file I should be flashing. I came from the latest 4.1.1 then flashed 4.3 PacMan rom.

skatingrocker17
Old
(Last edited by skatingrocker17; 16th September 2013 at 03:59 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I tried another computer and getting the same errors in RSD Lite. In Myth Tools, it says it's flashing the firmware for about 15 minutes but when it reboots, it seems to just go right back into fastboot.

I tried to manually push something using fastboot and this is what I get:
Quote:
D:\Parker\Desktop\Myth Tools - AHD>fastboot flash sbl1 sbl1.mbn
sending 'sbl1' (99 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.022s]
writing 'sbl1'...
Battery Low!!
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.283s

D:\Parker\Desktop\Myth Tools - AHD>
Is it failing BECAUSE the battery is low? It doesn't seem to be charging.

I bought the Motorola Factory Adapter from Team Black Hat. I saw on write-up on droid life on how to create one but I really don't have the time to do it.

skatingrocker17
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Buying the adapter solved the problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to skatingrocker17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bsmitty
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Were you able to flash other ROMs successfully & stably after that? I've been in the same boat & can't get past a reboot after flashing a custom ROM.