FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

[Q] android system usage zapping battery

148 posts
Thanks Meter: 8
 
By bigcletus, Senior Member on 12th March 2014, 06:28 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Anytime I check battery, android system is usually using 30- 40% battery with at least 35 packages listed for it. Also very little keep awake time, under 10 minutes. Is this normal? This is on 4.2.2 rooted. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app
 
 
12th March 2014, 11:30 AM |#2  
yonef's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plovdiv
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcletus

Anytime I check battery, android system is usually using 30- 40% battery with at least 35 packages listed for it. Also very little keep awake time, under 10 minutes. Is this normal? This is on 4.2.2 rooted. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

no It's not normal, I have the same problem. Still didn't found a solution.
P.S. - noticed that the weather widget is updating constantly, even update period is set to 3 or more hours
- removed the widget and the "android system" is still ~40% of the battery even higher than the screen
12th March 2014, 02:42 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
Check carrier iq.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
12th March 2014, 03:38 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
How to check/disable carrier iq?

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app
12th March 2014, 03:45 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcletus

How to check/disable carrier iq?

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

You need to rename the apk files in /system/app for it. Depends who your carrier is.
13th March 2014, 11:32 AM |#6  
yonef's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plovdiv
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledvedder

You need to rename the apk files in /system/app for it. Depends who your carrier is.

mine has no carier apps. it is international D802 , unbranded, unlocked, stock everytnigh, no root
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes