Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,414 Members 53,478 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Why is Android OS draining so much?

Tip us?
 
kylexda12
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 18
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default [Q] Why is Android OS draining so much?

http://imgur.com/a/yniII

Why is it that android is 2nd just after screen in eating battery? What's wrong?

I have disabled sync and turned off the various samsung apps which do syncing in the background. What else am i missing? NFC, etc are all turned off
 
buell47
Old
#2  
buell47's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 221
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hannover
Welcome in the club

It called AndroidOS Bug and Google play services Bug.
Please search for it, and you'll find the answer.

No really solution about this **** :-/

So many Threads about the same problem.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk
 
kylexda12
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 18
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by buell47 View Post
Welcome in the club

It called AndroidOS Bug and Google play services Bug.
Please search for it, and you'll find the answer.

No really solution about this **** :-/

So many Threads about the same problem.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk
so basically wait till the next update but till then my battery is ****?
 
buell47
Old
#4  
buell47's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 221
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hannover
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylexda12 View Post
so basically wait till the next update but till then my battery is ****?
You can try the recommended solutions if you see that your accu is draining by AndroidOS.
But they are only temporally.
Sometimes Restart help, if not, clear Google play services CACHE, shut down and remove accu for short time.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk
 
kylexda12
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 18
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by buell47 View Post
You can try the recommended solutions if you see that your accu is draining by AndroidOS.
But they are only temporally.
Sometimes Restart help, if not, clear Google play services CACHE, shut down and remove accu for short time.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk
what is accu?
 
vndnguyen
Old
#6  
vndnguyen's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 620
Posts: 1,474
Join Date: Sep 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylexda12 View Post
what is accu?
he means accu=battery
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vndnguyen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Killberty
Old
#7  
Killberty's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 400
Posts: 1,136
Join Date: Oct 2013
German Akku = battery in english

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app
The Following User Says Thank You to Killberty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kylexda12
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 18
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killberty View Post
German Akku = battery in english

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app
oh lol ok thanks.

Any other tips aside from these? This is really a problem that's firmware related?
 
Bulbous
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 264
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dubai
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylexda12 View Post
oh lol ok thanks.

Any other tips aside from these? This is really a problem that's firmware related?
I'm not sure that it is. Sometimes my battery runs out really fast, just a day
Sometimes it Lasts really well.

It's horribly unpredictable, but I don't think it's firmware. A firmware problem would be consistent.

Currently my battery is at 55% and it's been running 1 day 19 hours. Same usage as normal.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using XDA Premium HD app
 
buell47
Old
#10  
buell47's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 221
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hannover
OT

Never learned English at school :-\

My fault, thought.... never need that stupid language

Sorry, now I know.... I was very stupid to ignore what my teacher told me



Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes