Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,196 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CWM on MK2

Tip us?

circsmonky
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default CWM on MK2

I just got the phone on sat, rooted yesterday. i got a head of myself and through ROM manager i installed CWM. as i understand it this shouldnt have even worked but it did. i have yet to reboot or anything as i assume i wont boot back up. i want to make sure that this wasnt a fluke and somehow i got CWM on my phone when i should have before i fix it.

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1,587

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by circsmonky View Post
I just got the phone on sat, rooted yesterday. i got a head of myself and through ROM manager i installed CWM. as i understand it this shouldnt have even worked but it did. i have yet to reboot or anything as i assume i wont boot back up. i want to make sure that this wasnt a fluke and somehow i got CWM on my phone when i should have before i fix it.
No it didn't install it. Someone else on here did this as well. If you try to get into recovery it'll just send you to stock recovery. Your lucky it didn't brick your phone.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

circsmonky
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
so i shouldnt have to do this? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2301259 or should i just incase?

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1,587

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
so i shouldnt have to do this? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2301259 or should i just incase?
Well I'm not 100% but you might as well have that file ready just in case. If you phone is good through a reboot your good. Try installing SafeStrap. First.

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1,587

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
How'd you make out? Just curious

circsmonky
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I put safestrap on no issues. though i dont like the idea of partioning my storage just for a rom. i like stock, except for 4x4 home screens i like 5x4. im prob gonna do a tibu back up and fully unroot wipe then re root just incase. im usually not as dumb as i was i just got excited cause new phone and i hadnt really played with my phone in a while. i forgot how much fun it is.

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1,587

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I put safestrap on no issues. though i dont like the idea of partioning my storage just for a rom. i like stock, except for 4x4 home screens i like 5x4. im prob gonna do a tibu back up and fully unroot wipe then re root just incase. im usually not as dumb as i was i just got excited cause new phone and i hadnt really played with my phone in a while. i forgot how much fun it is.
Well that's good. Yea I was jw some have bricked their phones trying to do what you had done.. and others it didn't do a thing.
Lot of SafeStrap ROMs out now for your phone, before in got my mdk s4 and had one like you... There was maybe 2 solid ROMs for SafeStrap.