Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,239 Members 49,456 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Galaxy S4's will have Sprint Sparks antennas!

Tip us?

gonczarkid22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default New Galaxy S4's will have Sprint Sparks antennas!

well thats not fair, i want sprint sparks (Sprint LTE on steroids) for my S4.... already devising plans to break my phone to get a replacement with sparks included in the antenna. i guess you can tell by the SKU of the phone

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-6452_7-...s4-with-spark/

nemofbaby2010
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Lol you're late

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2584
Don't be mean. Lol.

But yes most of us know of this already. The phone has been available since late December.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 573
It's called the 720T.
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,

Rom: Rooted Stock Odexed, Hotspot Mod, Xposed, Wanum, several other xposed tweaks
Firmware: NAE
Kernel: Stock
TWRP: 2.7.1.0

mmark27
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonczarkid22 View Post
well thats not fair, i want sprint sparks (Sprint LTE on steroids) for my S4.... already devising plans to break my phone to get a replacement with sparks included in the antenna. i guess you can tell by the SKU of the phone

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-6452_7-...s4-with-spark/
So, don't break your phone, you'll get a replacement mono-band S4, not the Tri-band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653 View Post
Don't be mean. Lol.

But yes most of us know of this already. The phone has been available since late December.

Also, I know they announced it a while back, but has anyone actually seen one in the wild? There was no release and they are not listed anywhere to buy. The website still has the mono-band S4. If you have a link to one for sale from Sprint, please post it.

gonczarkid22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
i work for sprint, so i feel like eventually the warehouse will run out of mono-band and start using the tri-band s4 as replacements. ive known the S4's were switched to the tri-band since it was announced, i just wanted to let everyone know (who didnt already) that us existing S4's are getting screwed over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmark27 View Post
So, don't break your phone, you'll get a replacement mono-band S4, not the Tri-band.

Also, I know they announced it a while back, but has anyone actually seen one in the wild? There was no release and they are not listed anywhere to buy. The website still has the mono-band S4. If you have a link to one for sale from Sprint, please post it.

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2584
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmark27 View Post

Sprints website has it. If you look it says that they are spark compatible. They have been selling them there since December and there are already a handful of members that have them here. My sister has one.

Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone

mmark27
Old
(Last edited by mmark27; 12th February 2014 at 06:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653 View Post
Sprints website has it. If you look it says that they are spark compatible. They have been selling them there since December and there are already a handful of members that have them here. My sister has one.

Well, isn't that nice. Their website must do regional things or something because I don't see Spark capable listed on the phone page online. Eitherway, that's great to hear!

EDIT, yeah nevermind, see it now. Must have been living under a rock. Sorry guys.

neswii
Old
Thanks Meter 32
The S5 is right around the corner you know. Wonder if that will have the spark bands?

xfullmetal17
Old
Thanks Meter 45

DONATE TO ME
More than likely yes. Here's hoping Sprint actually FINISHES the LTE rollout for all bands instead of doing the half-assed job they did with WiMAX.
Look! A distraction!