Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,383 Members 51,079 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG Nitro Root

Tip us?

cloudraker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Default LG Nitro Root

OK, this is my first post, and i apologize if someone has posted on this already. I searched and didnt find anything, and since i dont see a section for this phone yet, im posting in general.

I searched via google and found nothing on the nitro, so searched for the LG Optimus LTE. The method i found for that phone did nothing, it just gave me errors when trying. So, i thought i would try SuperOneClick. Im used to Samsung devices which are super easy to root, so im not sure if what i encountered in Super were normal or not.

I allowed super to force an install drivers for the device and then unplugged the phone and plugged it back in. The root started and errored out after trying a zerg rush. I didnt unplug the phone or anything, i just immediately tried again. This time it said it was successful but when attempting to restart ADB, the software hung. I restarted, and also unplugged then replugged in the phone. Clicked root one more time, and it worked.

Anyways, im simply posting because like many others, i search these forums before going anywhere else, and im hoping that my experience will help someone else. I dont know if it was a fluke that i had to try multiple times or it was just something with my configuration. I hope this helps someone, just be persistent and it should work.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cloudraker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

boardsportsrule
Old
Thanks Meter 12
perm root'd? that'd be great. Can any one else confirm?
The Following User Says Thank You to boardsportsrule For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cloudraker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardsportsrule View Post
perm root'd? that'd be great. Can any one else confirm?
Yup, its permanent. I powered off then back on, still had root. Then just for good measure, i powered down and removed the battery. Reinstalled battery, booted back up, and still showed SuperUser in the app drawer. So i went into terminal emulator, typed su, and was prompted with the wonderful little box to allow super user. So, its functioning for me.

juzz86
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1893
Nice work! Thanks for sharing your experiences. What are your impressions of the Nitor so far? Looking forward to receiving mine soon

cloudraker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
As far as first impressions go, I'm quite impressed. This is the first LG device I've owned and the build quality seems very solid. I was concerned about the back feeling flimsy because of all the videos on the phone I had watched. They all made it look cheap. To my surprise in person it does look and feel a lot better than expected.

The screen, which we all know is the biggest feature of this phone, doesn't disappoint. The higher resolution makes viewing webpages and reading email so much easier on the eyes. Text is smooth and clear. The whites seem brighter and it makes text really stand out. Just to test it I watched Pirates of the Caribbean last night on it. It was a bluray rip in 720p and I actually ended up watching the whole thing that way because it looked so clear and I was drawn in.

This being a new device, I haven't been able to do much more than that. The only issue I have seen so far is that the sensitivity on the capacitive buttons at the bottom of the screen isn't what I'm used to with Samsung and HTC. You tend to have to tap them a little more firm than what I would expect but in all honesty that could also be a direct result of the screen protector.

One final note, this thing is a lot snappier than I expected. Other than right after a fresh boot, I have yet to experience any lag.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cloudraker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

netnerd
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudraker View Post
So, i thought i would try SuperOneClick. Im used to Samsung devices which are super easy to root, so im not sure if what i encountered in Super were normal or not.

I allowed super to force an install drivers for the device and then unplugged the phone and plugged it back in. The root started and errored out after trying a zerg rush. I didnt unplug the phone or anything, i just immediately tried again. This time it said it was successful but when attempting to restart ADB, the software hung. I restarted, and also unplugged then replugged in the phone. Clicked root one more time, and it worked.

thanks cloudraker! it works! now i'm rooted!
this phone is slow without root! now i going to delete all those spamwarez!

orb3000
Old
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3033
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
Moved
orb

HTC One M8 - HTC Butterfly S - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognizes that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly

brinboston
Old
Thanks Meter 1
hey guys... i just ordered mine yesterday, waiting for it to be shipped. new to android and this rooting thing... if i recall correctly i read somewhere that after rooting you can't remove every single piece of bloatware or your phone may not function properly? if this is true is there a list for this at&t model? thanks in advance

netnerd
Old
Thanks Meter 118
for some reasons, after i did root.
then do a Privacy -> Factory data reset
the phone is alot more snappier and faster!
The Following User Says Thank You to netnerd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

akfritz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Worked for me! Used Superoneclick 2.3.1.0. Forced the Driver install and it worked!

Took a couple tries for me as well, kept hanging up on step #7 but worked fine after I switched USB ports on my computer... thinking it doesn't like USB 3.0.

Thanks so much for the post!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akfritz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]