Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

[Q] Data connection being shutdown when flip shell is closed? Can't use cerberus.

15th March 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Has anyone with the flip shell / flip cover noticed that push and the data network don't seem to work when the cover is closed and the screen locks? This is a problem because cerberus can't connect to the phone when the cover is closed! Does anyone have a fix or workaround for this that doesn't require root? Thanks.
17th March 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Bump

Sent from my SCH-S738C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th March 2014, 09:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Bump.
19th March 2014, 02:13 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 9

177 posts
My phone has a moto g flip shell. It is closed, locked and in my pocket. It does still respond to network ping, so the network seems to be up and running normally.
19th March 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciurius

My phone has a moto g flip shell. It is closed, locked and in my pocket. It does still respond to network ping, so the network seems to be up and running normally.

That would mean it responds to your LAN, but I wonder if it is still responding to requests from your cell tower?
19th March 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 26

391 posts
this problem is for motorola moto g and not only for your phone or flip shell. push notification, after minutes standby don't arrive and when you re open flipshell or torn on screen it arrive. i solved installing push notification fixer, PNF in playstore. if someone work facebook notifications in real time let's know!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to myabc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by myabc

this problem is for motorola moto g and not only for your phone or flip shell. push notification, after minutes standby don't arrive and when you re open flipshell or torn on screen it arrive. i solved installing push notification fixer, PNF in playstore. if someone work facebook notifications in real time let's know!!!

Thanks for the reply. I had already thought of this and installed PNF, then set it to 5 minutes. Still didn't fix my problem. :/ If someone steals my phone cerberus will be useless to me unless they have the flip cover open and are actually using the phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread