Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,704 Members 52,493 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Data connection being shutdown when flip shell is closed? Can't use cerberus.

Tip us?

hutch2509
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Data connection being shutdown when flip shell is closed? Can't use cerberus.

Has anyone with the flip shell / flip cover noticed that push and the data network don't seem to work when the cover is closed and the screen locks? This is a problem because cerberus can't connect to the phone when the cover is closed! Does anyone have a fix or workaround for this that doesn't require root? Thanks.

hutch2509
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Bump

Sent from my SCH-S738C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

hutch2509
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Bump.

sciurius
Old
Thanks Meter 9
My phone has a moto g flip shell. It is closed, locked and in my pocket. It does still respond to network ping, so the network seems to be up and running normally.

hutch2509
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciurius View Post
My phone has a moto g flip shell. It is closed, locked and in my pocket. It does still respond to network ping, so the network seems to be up and running normally.
That would mean it responds to your LAN, but I wonder if it is still responding to requests from your cell tower?

myabc
Old
Thanks Meter 24
this problem is for motorola moto g and not only for your phone or flip shell. push notification, after minutes standby don't arrive and when you re open flipshell or torn on screen it arrive. i solved installing push notification fixer, PNF in playstore. if someone work facebook notifications in real time let's know!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to myabc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hutch2509
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by myabc View Post
this problem is for motorola moto g and not only for your phone or flip shell. push notification, after minutes standby don't arrive and when you re open flipshell or torn on screen it arrive. i solved installing push notification fixer, PNF in playstore. if someone work facebook notifications in real time let's know!!!
Thanks for the reply. I had already thought of this and installed PNF, then set it to 5 minutes. Still didn't fix my problem. :/ If someone steals my phone cerberus will be useless to me unless they have the flip cover open and are actually using the phone.