FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Bluetooth A2DP stutter cuts out while streaming music

805 posts
Thanks Meter: 78
 
By Zylograth, Senior Member on 11th March 2014, 03:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I was hoping this would be fixed in the 4.4.2 update but it appears to still be there. While listening to anything in my vehicle with bluetooth A2DP the audio seems to cutout, like a bad connection. The song continues to play and sometimes I see the information on the radio screen disappear, as if the phone lost connection.

This happens no matter where I place the phone. Normally it sits in the storage pocket just below the radio but also happens in the mount on my dashboard as well as my center console.

It seems to happen less often if I plug in the charger, and even less if I force the screen to stay awake. I have not had this issue with my Sensation 4G or my Galaxy S3.

Any help is appreciated.
 
 
11th March 2014, 06:26 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zylograth

I was hoping this would be fixed in the 4.4.2 update but it appears to still be there. While listening to anything in my vehicle with bluetooth A2DP the audio seems to cutout, like a bad connection. The song continues to play and sometimes I see the information on the radio screen disappear, as if the phone lost connection.

This happens no matter where I place the phone. Normally it sits in the storage pocket just below the radio but also happens in the mount on my dashboard as well as my center console.

It seems to happen less often if I plug in the charger, and even less if I force the screen to stay awake. I have not had this issue with my Sensation 4G or my Galaxy S3.

Any help is appreciated.

Funny thing is I didn't have this issue at all back on 4.3, but do have it now with 4.4.2

Yay for 'upgrades'
11th March 2014, 06:28 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Boynton Beach
Thanks Meter: 545
 
More
Try turning wife off if it's on.
11th March 2014, 07:12 PM |#4  
Zylograth's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Clearwater, Fl.
Thanks Meter: 78
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevessvt

Try turning wife off if it's on.

I have tried every combination of different settings and the only thing that seems to help, although does not resolve altogether, is to plug in the charger and tell the screen to stay on during charging. May be something related to the sleep mode putting the CPU at too low of a minimum.

I am looking at other stereos for my vehicle as it may be an issue with the stereo just not being fully compatible with the newer bluetooth version on the Note 3. I need to test this to be sure.
11th March 2014, 07:30 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
I have the same issue. My screen is always on and charging but it still stutters on occasion. I used to have the HTC One and it had the same issue. I don't think there is a fix except to try a custom rom.
11th March 2014, 07:36 PM |#6  
Zylograth's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Clearwater, Fl.
Thanks Meter: 78
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkye

I have the same issue. My screen is always on and charging but it still stutters on occasion. I used to have the HTC One and it had the same issue. I don't think there is a fix except to try a custom rom.

I am using the Sony DSXS310BTX, what about you?
11th March 2014, 09:11 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zylograth

I am using the Sony DSXS310BTX, what about you?

I have the older 300BTX. One thing that you made me realize is that on 4.3 I was running leankernel the whole time, and with KitKat I was running the stock kernel until this morning.

Going to the gym in an hour and I'll test the bluetooth today to see if switching kernels fixes the issue.

*EDIT*

Didn't skip on me at all on the way home today. This leads me to believe that your skipping problem is kernel-related. Give leankernel a try and let us know if that fixed it for you too?
12th March 2014, 03:45 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
I was just going to post the same as Kalm. I tried the new v2.0 of LeanKernel and no stutter. Also my Bluetooth MAP is working consistently again with my Ford Sync system. I played about 20mins of music on my Jawbone Jambox with no stutter also.
12th March 2014, 04:13 AM |#9  
dragonstalker's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fort Myers, Fla
Thanks Meter: 1,307
 
Donate to Me
More
think this is something specific to a chip. I can stream pandora with pandora control and stream pandora and music over str8 bluetooth via hondalink with no issue.
12th March 2014, 07:44 PM |#10  
Zylograth's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Clearwater, Fl.
Thanks Meter: 78
 
Donate to Me
More
I think I am going to wait and see what happens when I upgrade to the S5 in a few weeks. If the problem persists I will probably start looking at new head units for my vehicle. I am already eyeing the Pioneer AppRadio 3 LOL
12th March 2014, 08:56 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zylograth

I think I am going to wait and see what happens when I upgrade to the S5 in a few weeks. If the problem persists I will probably start looking at new head units for my vehicle. I am already eyeing the Pioneer AppRadio 3 LOL

Didn't have any luck with a different kernel?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes