Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 51,985 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Looking for bootloader for GT-9082 XXAMA9 Australia

Tip us?

detly
Old
(Last edited by detly; 15th March 2014 at 08:32 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Looking for bootloader for GT-9082 XXAMA9 Australia

A while ago I rooted a Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos (GT-I9082) and installed the CWM touch bootloader. I intended to install Cyanogen Mod on it, but couldn't find the right radio, so I kept the stock firmware.

Now I have a potential warranty issue, so I'd like to try to revert everything. Since it's still running stock, I only need to remove CWM.

I found @bhsiddharth's guide to unrooting, but of course I need to get hold of the original bootloader.

The phone reports that its baseband version is I9082XXAMA9, and I'm in Australia. I haven't been able to find this bootloader anywhere, including these forums.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find it?

More information: *#1234# shows:

AP: I9082XXAMAE
CP: I9082XXAMA9
CSC: I9082OJVMA2

detly
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So I think I've found the answer any firmware that matches those numbers will do. Specifically, if you search the SamMobile firmwares for "I9082XXAMAE", anything matching a PDA of "I9082XXAMAE" and a CSC of "I9082OJVAMA2" should work. Once you download and extract them, they seem to be the same.

Don't take this as expert testimony though. I could be wrong :)