Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,248 Members 39,430 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TUTORIAL] ROOT LG G Flex - EASY Alternative Method!

Tip us?

aristide1997
Old
(Last edited by aristide1997; 8th April 2014 at 01:17 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Default [TUTORIAL] ROOT LG G Flex - EASY Alternative Method!

Hello guys, I decided to post the an easy method to root your g flex! You don't even need to use any command prompt for this. The only problem is that this is chinese language, so you have to click the exact buttons. At the end of this tutorial, you will have a rooted phone. Until now, no bricked phones have come out of this process! It only takes 5 minutes!

1. Download this file: http://tinylink.net/huxs3 <--- HELP ME! OR http://goo.gl/U6Jwaf
2. Install the software, using the installation buttons as you would on any other windows installation.
3. When you have installed it, you will see a green button, press it. Then connect your phone on USB debugging mode.
4. When the phone is connected the software will recognise the phone and the green button will show "ROOT", click on it.
5. The phone is going to be rooted in some seconds and the process is finished when it will show a tick on the software.
6. The phone will reboot.
7. When it is rebooted, go to google play and download super su.
8. Open super su and it will ask you to update the binaries, and you must click on update, and then normal.
9. A window in chinese will pop up on the phone, this is the screen that allows you to give root permissions to any app. You must click the button on the right.
10. You are done! Root process is complete!
11. This is the most important step. Leave a thanks! If you liked the tutorial, please show it to me!

Post below if you have questions or don't understand.
The Following User Says Thank You to aristide1997 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yellowman82
Old
Thanks Meter 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by aristide1997 View Post
Hello guys, I decided to post the an easy method to root your g flex! You don't even need to use any command prompt for this. The only problem is that this is chinese language, so you have to click the exact buttons. At the end of this tutorial, you will have a rooted phone. Until now, no bricked phones have come out of this process! It only takes 5 minutes!

1. Download this file: http://goo.gl/yZRXnd <--- HELP ME! OR http://goo.gl/U6Jwaf
2. Install the software, using the installation buttons as you would on any other windows installation.
3. When you have installed it, you will see a green button, press it. Then connect your phone on USB debugging mode.
4. When the phone is connected the software will recognise the phone and the green button will show "ROOT", click on it.
5. The phone is going to be rooted in some seconds and the process is finished when it will show a tick on the software.
6. The phone will reboot.
7. When it is rebooted, go to google play and download super su.
8. Open super su and it will ask you to update the binaries, and you must click on update, and then normal.
9. A window in chinese will pop up on the phone, this is the screen that allows you to give root permissions to any app. You must click the button on the right.
10. You are done! Root process is complete!
11. This is the most important step. Leave a thanks! If you liked the tutorial, please show it to me!

Post below if you have questions or don't understand.
How do you put the phone on usb debugging?

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

gtamgs15
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowman82 View Post
How do you put the phone on usb debugging?

Settings > General > About Phone > Software Information > Tap "Build Number" about 7 or 8 times to enable Developer Mode.

Then Settings > General > Developer Options > USB Debugging
The Following User Says Thank You to gtamgs15 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yellowman82
Old
Thanks Meter 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtamgs15 View Post
Settings > General > About Phone > Software Information > Tap "Build Number" about 7 or 8 times to enable Developer Mode.

Then Settings > General > Developer Options > USB Debugging
Thanx

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Idk why but its not working for me

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

When it starts the restoring part after that it seems to fail it even shows an X on the software and my phone never rebooted so i know it didn't go well

aristide1997
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowman82 View Post
Thanx

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Idk why but its not working for me

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

When it starts the restoring part after that it seems to fail it even shows an X on the software and my phone never rebooted so i know it didn't go well

Screenshot?

Z51
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Vroot and Kingo root are unsafe methods of root, use IOROOT.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

HTC One M8 (Gold)
Galaxy S5 (Gold)
OnePlus One (SandStone Black)

lexo1a
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51 View Post
Vroot and Kingo root are unsafe methods of root, use IOROOT.

can you please specify why vroot is "unsafe" compared to ioroot?

Z51
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Its a chineze root method that works with almost amy version of android. I heard it installs spyware and loggers on phones. IOROOT is just as easy and safe

HTC One M8 (Gold)
Galaxy S5 (Gold)
The Following User Says Thank You to Z51 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

will0899
Old
Thanks Meter 41
I used vroot on my l9 never had problens with it. I tried with my flex d uhh didnt work. Tried everything, just kept failing at the restore screen.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to will0899 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Z51
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by will0899 View Post
I used vroot on my l9 never had problens with it. I tried with my flex d uhh didnt work. Tried everything, just kept failing at the restore screen.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Use IOROOT. 1 click process

HTC One M8 (Gold)
Galaxy S5 (Gold)