[Q] "No SIM Card"

OP nlambson

10th March 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I pulled the SIM card out last night on my Note 3 and then put it back in. After booting up , the phone showed a "No SIM Card" error. I have tried to re-seat the card and have rebooted many times and it still does not work. My old Note 2 is being used by my son so I put his SIM card in my phone and it works just fine so obviously its a bad SIM card at this point which I confirmed by putting it in the Note 2 and it said the "No SIM Card" error. At this point I just need to go to Version and get a new SIM card. The question I have is, do I need to wipe my phone and put it back to a stock Rom or will Verizon just give me a new SIM and ignore the fact that it rooted? This issue really isn't a warranty situation so I was hoping to not have to go through all of that.
10th March 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlambson

I pulled the SIM card out last night on my Note 3 and then put it back in. After booting up , the phone showed a "No SIM Card" error. I have tried to re-seat the card and have rebooted many times and it still does not work. My old Note 2 is being used by my son so I put his SIM card in my phone and it works just fine so obviously its a bad SIM card at this point which I confirmed by putting it in the Note 2 and it said the "No SIM Card" error. At this point I just need to go to Version and get a new SIM card. The question I have is, do I need to wipe my phone and put it back to a stock Rom or will Verizon just give me a new SIM and ignore the fact that it rooted? This issue really isn't a warranty situation so I was hoping to not have to go through all of that.

Why not use your son's Note 2 (unless it's also rooted) and get a new SIM Card? It doesn't matter which phone the sim card is put in, as long as it is associated with a Verizon phone number. Then you can switch the card back. I don't know if Verizon keeps track of "rooted" phones by customers in case you try to reset your phone to original and then claim a warranty.

Just my $0.02.

Cheers,
B.D.
10th March 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I went ahead and did a Nandroid backup and then reverted it to stock and will switch back after.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
15th March 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #4  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 185

1,183 posts
More
I usually swap sim cards with my phones when i need to and never have a problem. One time it wouldn't read and i had to use a screen cleaning cloth to wipe it off and it worked again.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread