Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Bricked my S3 after updating firmware

OP PandaDan

13th March 2014, 06:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
I've been trying to get cyanogenmod 10.2.1 to work for my phone, and I was getting assert failures in recovery. I found an AIO firmware update by freeza and flashed it in CWM and rebooted and now my device is hard bricked. I can't access recovery, download mode, and the phone will not power on. I flashed this file; Galaxy-S-fre3-MB1FirmwareModemAIO.zip, specifically. Is there any way to revive my device without having to JIG it or is it just done for? I was also on a KitKat rom.
Last edited by PandaDan; 13th March 2014 at 07:09 AM.
14th March 2014, 01:45 AM   |  #2  
Flag Creole State
Thanks Meter: 174

814 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaDan

I've been trying to get cyanogenmod 10.2.1 to work for my phone, and I was getting assert failures in recovery. I found an AIO firmware update by freeza and flashed it in CWM and rebooted and now my device is hard bricked. I can't access recovery, download mode, and the phone will not power on. I flashed this file; Galaxy-S-fre3-MB1FirmwareModemAIO.zip, specifically. Is there any way to revive my device without having to JIG it or is it just done for? I was also on a KitKat rom.

Sounds like its toast without a jig or JTAG. You could have switched to PHILZ ADVANCED CWM recovery. This recovery works better than TWRP or regular CWM. I had many of different issues with these 2. This zip is not a ROM, but a modem zip.
Last edited by joeyhdownsouth; 14th March 2014 at 03:08 AM.
19th March 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #3  
Flag rajkot-gujrat
Thanks Meter: 82

520 posts
More
JB india firmwares link please. I cant download via Samsung link

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
19th March 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaDan

If you have a Virgin Mobile SPH-L710, you can use the de-brick image below, otherwise you need to search around Google for one. You would search for "debrick image for <model numeber>".

I got this problem solved with the help of zachf714, invisiblek and a special thanks to xstefen for providing a working debrick image. Here is the link to the working debrick image that xstefen provided: http ://download.xstefen.net /getdownload.php?file=./xstefen/mmcblk0_backup.bin.zip. (Remove spaces) all you need to do, is write this image to a micro SD card using linux's
Code:
dd
command or Win32 Disk Imager. Then put the sd card in your phone, boot into download mode and flash a stock ROM using Odin.

Wish anyone else who have this problem luck.

P.S. I am not responsible if anything happens to your phone because of this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread