Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,151 Members 49,283 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked my S3 after updating firmware

Tip us?

PandaDan
Old
(Last edited by PandaDan; 13th March 2014 at 06:09 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Bricked my S3 after updating firmware

I've been trying to get cyanogenmod 10.2.1 to work for my phone, and I was getting assert failures in recovery. I found an AIO firmware update by freeza and flashed it in CWM and rebooted and now my device is hard bricked. I can't access recovery, download mode, and the phone will not power on. I flashed this file; Galaxy-S-fre3-MB1FirmwareModemAIO.zip, specifically. Is there any way to revive my device without having to JIG it or is it just done for? I was also on a KitKat rom.

joeyhdownsouth
Old
(Last edited by joeyhdownsouth; 14th March 2014 at 02:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaDan View Post
I've been trying to get cyanogenmod 10.2.1 to work for my phone, and I was getting assert failures in recovery. I found an AIO firmware update by freeza and flashed it in CWM and rebooted and now my device is hard bricked. I can't access recovery, download mode, and the phone will not power on. I flashed this file; Galaxy-S-fre3-MB1FirmwareModemAIO.zip, specifically. Is there any way to revive my device without having to JIG it or is it just done for? I was also on a KitKat rom.
Sounds like its toast without a jig or JTAG. You could have switched to PHILZ ADVANCED CWM recovery. This recovery works better than TWRP or regular CWM. I had many of different issues with these 2. This zip is not a ROM, but a modem zip.
G2(Sprint)-stock
G3(Sprint)-stock
Galaxy S3(Sprint)-ROM:C-rom/KERNEL:dkp-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Galaxy S5(Boost)-ROM/KERNEL:M.O.A.R.-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Moto G(unlocked to CellularOne)-ROM/KERNEL:LiquidSmooth-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Note 10.1-ROM/KERNEL:Hyperdrive-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced

immy28
Old
Thanks Meter 81
JB india firmwares link please. I cant download via Samsung link

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
Lewa theme SonyXperia

Maxwell175
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaDan View Post
If you have a Virgin Mobile SPH-L710, you can use the de-brick image below, otherwise you need to search around Google for one. You would search for "debrick image for <model numeber>".

I got this problem solved with the help of zachf714, invisiblek and a special thanks to xstefen for providing a working debrick image. Here is the link to the working debrick image that xstefen provided: http ://download.xstefen.net /getdownload.php?file=./xstefen/mmcblk0_backup.bin.zip. (Remove spaces) all you need to do, is write this image to a micro SD card using linux's
Code:
Select Code
dd
command or Win32 Disk Imager. Then put the sd card in your phone, boot into download mode and flash a stock ROM using Odin.

Wish anyone else who have this problem luck.

P.S. I am not responsible if anything happens to your phone because of this.