Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,461 Members 47,412 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No kit kat update???

Tip us?

Z33type
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default No kit kat update???

It's been almost or over a week since the last Kit Kat OTA first came out. I remember just 6 days ago. 5 of my friends all rock the LG G2 all for T-Mobile including myself. All of them received the update except me. I went on the system update center on my phone and still saying mine is up to date.

I called LG they couldn't do anything, I did call T-Mobile and they said it comes out in waves so I should be receiving an update between March 6, 2014 to the 27th of March 2014. To this date no update yet. I already tried using the LG PC Suite and it doesn't prompt me for an update as well.
I tried factory restoring my phone and still no luck, i ended up losing all my apps,because I unchecked the google restore from the setup.

Anyways, I learned that I can manually flash it,but I don't want to root my phone. I used to root, flash custom roms back in my galaxy phones, Nexus and LG Optimus,but I'm done. Is there a way to manually flash the D80120A_00.kdz file? ( Kit kat file )

Casey060492
Old
Thanks Meter 2
You can use the LG Mobile Support Tool. I just received a warranty replacement G2 and tried to update it OTA and it also said it was up to date (running jelly bean). Then I used the software and it updated fine.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Sfkn2
Old
Thanks Meter 67
What error does the PC suite give? Just no update?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33type View Post
Anyways, I learned that I can manually flash it,but I don't want to root my phone. I used to root, flash custom roms back in my galaxy phones, Nexus and LG Optimus,but I'm done. Is there a way to manually flash the D80120A_00.kdz file? ( Kit kat file )
ok if its a kdz you cannot flash it by root you can use this guide to update to it http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476 and you can also download the kdz from there