Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

install cm after rooting

OP porompom

30th January 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Hi, i wanted to ask this to leapinlar in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2062613, but since i can't, i will ask it openly. I've rooted a Nook HD+ 2.2.0 following that guide succesfully. Now I would like to try out cyanogenmod, but just try it out so if possible i would to run a hybrid configuration without changing to much in the internal file structure. My goal is to be able to use the tablet without the high temps i get whenever i look at videos or even use the web browser in the stock os.

So, after following the guide from that thread what would be most simple way to install cyanogenmod? (i mean, without following the other guide which would mean doing a factory reset, getting a 4gb sd card and other stuff)

Thanks
30th January 2014, 06:36 AM   |  #2  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,696
 
8,421 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by porompom

Hi, i wanted to ask this to leapinlar in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2062613, but since i can't, i will ask it openly. I've rooted a Nook HD+ 2.2.0 following that guide succesfully. Now I would like to try out cyanogenmod, but just try it out so if possible i would to run a hybrid configuration without changing to much in the internal file structure. My goal is to be able to use the tablet without the high temps i get whenever i look at videos or even use the web browser in the stock os.

So, after following the guide from that thread what would be most simple way to install cyanogenmod? (i mean, without following the other guide which would mean doing a factory reset, getting a 4gb sd card and other stuff)

Thanks

Try one of bokbokan's SD install versions. Either CM10.1 or CM10.2.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app
30th January 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Thanks leapinlar for your response, yeah that was the guide i was referring to, the "for dummies guide". So this would mean i have to get a 4gb sd card, do a factory reset, install CWM in the internal memory and everything else that is written there? (this would mean overwriting the root i already did?) Or can i just use the CWM sd card that i used for the root and install cyanogen from the zip?
Last edited by porompom; 30th January 2014 at 05:25 PM.
31st January 2014, 01:42 AM   |  #4  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,696
 
8,421 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by porompom

Thanks leapinlar for your response, yeah that was the guide i was referring to, the "for dummies guide". So this would mean i have to get a 4gb sd card, do a factory reset, install CWM in the internal memory and everything else that is written there? (this would mean overwriting the root i already did?) Or can i just use the CWM sd card that i used for the root and install cyanogen from the zip?

The 'for dummies guide' is for putting CM on internal memory replacing stock. You said you wanted to leave stock alone and install to an SD. That is why I suggested one of bokbokan's SD ROMs in the dev forum.

But yes, you can use the CWM SD you created to do the root to install a CM ROM to internal memory replacing stock. Just follow the dummies guide after the creation of the CWM SD.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
28th February 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

The 'for dummies guide' is for putting CM on internal memory replacing stock. You said you wanted to leave stock alone and install to an SD. That is why I suggested one of bokbokan's SD ROMs in the dev forum.

But yes, you can use the CWM SD you created to do the root to install a CM ROM to internal memory replacing stock. Just follow the dummies guide after the creation of the CWM SD.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

hi again, i've been using the hybrid install and now my SD card is full and the OS is slow (i can't see the files that are making it full)... should i expand the partition in the sd card? (it is 127 mb)
12th March 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
hi again, so today i had another problem: i had to restart the nook because the cyanogen OS froze and during boot the SD card was never detected... so i turned it off, got the SD card out and the nook did a factory reset on its own with which i lost all my data!

i am wondering if the root was also lost amd what should i do to prevent this from happening?
13th March 2014, 12:18 AM   |  #7  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,696
 
8,421 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by porompom

hi again, so today i had another problem: i had to restart the nook because the cyanogen OS froze and during boot the SD card was never detected... so i turned it off, got the SD card out and the nook did a factory reset on its own with which i lost all my data!

i am wondering if the root was also lost amd what should i do to prevent this from happening?

Yes, if the device reset, you lost everything, including root if you had it. The way to prevent the device from reseting is to not let it fail to boot 8 times in a row. Turn it off until you get an SD inserted that boots properly.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
Last edited by leapinlar; 13th March 2014 at 08:46 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes