Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,782 Members 45,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root for 4.4.2 KitKat Update available yet?

Tip us?

marshot
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Root for 4.4.2 KitKat Update available yet?

Good afternoon,

I'm wondering if there is a Root update available for KitKat yet? I just purchased a Note 3 and updated it to 4.4.2 (without thinking about it) and noticed that because it's only been out for less than a month it may not have available root files yet? Is that true? I've seen that there are several threads marked if you had a rooted 4.3 and want to flash a rooted 4.4.2 onto your device. But, none for a device with factory 4.4.2 already on it? Maybe I'm not looking in the right place? Any help to find and support is appreciated.

xtrezpasor
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshot View Post
Good afternoon,

I'm wondering if there is a Root update available for KitKat yet? I just purchased a Note 3 and updated it to 4.4.2 (without thinking about it) and noticed that because it's only been out for less than a month it may not have available root files yet? Is that true? I've seen that there are several threads marked if you had a rooted 4.3 and want to flash a rooted 4.4.2 onto your device. But, none for a device with factory 4.4.2 already on it? Maybe I'm not looking in the right place? Any help to find and support is appreciated.
I was just about to ask the same thing...
if someone helps you... press thanks!

JimSmith94
Old
Thanks Meter 193
There is no way yet. Kingo says they are working on it but I got no response when I asked them for a status update.

marioca
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm all confused too, I'm trying to root because I want the tether option, my phones still on 4.3 though I was about to update before I read this... so then if we want Kit Kat what do we do after we root on 4.3?

MrWicked1
Old
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
There's root methods out there for Kitkat I personally used chain fire's method which will trip Knox. If you are trying to preserve your Samsung warranty and not trip Knox then no.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900P(Sprint)
Bootloader: Nab Engineering
Rom: Sacs KitKat v2

Past: Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S2SII(Epic 4g Touch), Htc Evo 4g, Htc Hero, Blackberry 8330 Curve

ebe01
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Rooted mine,stock kit kat,took update night I bought phone, used chainfires auto root, I could care less about tripping Knox though.

sent from my kit kat killed note 3

shoaib4a
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshot View Post
Good afternoon,

Hello Dear,
i have also note 3 sprint and i did rooted...
how to ?
first you have to download cf auto root file of N9005 not N900P
set your phone on download mode and root with odin.. 110% tested and working fine

tujitsu56
Old
(Last edited by tujitsu56; 14th March 2014 at 08:15 PM.) Reason: Provided links to threads with useful information
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by marioca View Post
I'm all confused too, I'm trying to root because I want the tether option, my phones still on 4.3 though I was about to update before I read this... so then if we want Kit Kat what do we do after we root on 4.3?
If you are currently on 4.3 you can get to Kit Kat rooted by following the direction posted here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658315. Make sure to thank the OP (optimummind) in that thread.

Also, if you are rooting only to get WiFi tether, there are a few people who claim WiFi Tether Router by Fabio Grasso ($1.95) is the best option available for KitKat. Read more here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...r#post50826678. The previous free mod no longer works on Kit Kat. Well that is my understanding anyway. I was rooted on 4.3 with WiFi Tether and am now rooted on 4.4 with no WiFi Tether. I hope this helps.

micmars
Old
Thanks Meter 8872
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujitsu56 View Post
If you are currently on 4.3 you can get to Kit Kat rooted by following the direction posted here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658315. Make sure to thank the OP (optimummind) in that thread.

Also, if you are rooting only to get WiFi tether, there are a few people who claim WiFi Tether Router by Fabio Grasso ($1.95) is the best option available for KitKat. Read more here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...r#post50826678. The previous free mod no longer works on Kit Kat. Well that is my understanding anyway. I was rooted on 4.3 with WiFi Tether and am now rooted on 4.4 with no WiFi Tether. I hope this helps.
That method has inherent issues that have yet to be redressed. I'd highly recommend understanding the downside before using it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK

marioca
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars View Post
That method has inherent issues that have yet to be redressed. I'd highly recommend understanding the downside before using it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
Well Im not sure how knox triggering would affect me since Im paying Sprints full equipment protection. Ive taken a bricked evo3d before and they had no idea what was wrong they told me it must be the battery they tried diff batterys and chargers to rry and turn it on and they just replaced it since they couldnt fix it