Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,887 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Question on installing a ROM

Tip us?

alexm231
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default [Q] Question on installing a ROM

I'm thinking of installing the FastDream Rom (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606313) on my Tab 8.0 (T-310).

Am I correct in assuming that I also have to install gapps? Which is the correct version, and where do I find it please?

Thanks

Alex

dparrothead1
Old
Thanks Meter 1394
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexm231 View Post
I'm thinking of installing the FastDream Rom (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606313) on my Tab 8.0 (T-310).

Am I correct in assuming that I also have to install gapps? Which is the correct version, and where do I find it please?

Thanks

Alex
I haven't used this rom, but it looks like a souped up, debloated stock....so no gapps would be necessary.

It's also showing an aroma installer so if gapps are necessary you would have an option in the aroma to pick a gapps package.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app
Sent from my rooted i527.
The Following User Says Thank You to dparrothead1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alexm231
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dparrothead1 View Post
I haven't used this rom, but it looks like a souped up, debloated stock....so no gapps would be necessary.

It's also showing an aroma installer so if gapps are necessary you would have an option in the aroma to pick a gapps package.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app
Ok, that does make sense!
Thanks for the help, much appreciated

Alex