Found this. Didn't test it myself (I'm running MOAR rom). Might work for you?
Cool - I done this and it works a treat!!
**EDIT: This post refers to a mod which activates an unused menu option to switch off the shutter sound. Other sounds in the camera app will still be present. Thought I'd clarify this in case of any confusion. ￼
Just in case anyone else wants to do this (I think this would be the 'correct' method of applying this fix as opposed to removing the sound file or muting your phone!), then here is a little guide.
Root access required of course, and I used Root Explorer to do the following:
1. In Root Explorer, navigate to the following location:
/system/csc and look for a file called 'others.xml'.
2. Long-press on this file and select 'Open With', and then select 'Text Editor'.
3. Scroll all of the way to the end and look for the following:
4. Insert the following line just before the </FeatureSet> code.
5. Then pressing the 'Back' button will automatically save the file and back-up the original in the folder.
6. Restart your phone.
7. Now when you go into the camera, tap on the settings, so you get camera settings, video settings, and the general settings in a pop-up, press the settings icon/tab and scroll down and you can now select to toggle the sound on/off (second-last option).
Thanks to all above for guiding me to this little fix, it takes no time at all to apply. The camera sound was annoying me a bit and was surprised to see it wasn't a supplied function.
To revert, simply go back to the file you edited, delete it, then remove the '.bak' from the backed-up file.
And all credit to the original Dev. for the code for this mod, at this thread:
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2