Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,541 Members 54,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

IBOLT MHL Adapters Not Working..A Sign of things to come ?

Tip us?

ntron1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default IBOLT MHL Adapters Not Working..A Sign of things to come ?

As IBOLT seems to be having a number of growing pains with the electronics for their new dock, I wonder if what problems we will see with their long delayed USB/Audio cable if they are unable to get their MHL cables to work outside of their Sales Office.

csmits
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Default Re: IBOLT MHL Adapters Not Working..A Sign of things to come ?

I didn't try mine yet. Will see if it works and post here

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

ntron1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmits View Post
I didn't try mine yet. Will see if it works and post here

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
You would be a pioneer then and the first to make it work.

Travyevo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
It is strange that it doesn't work. You would think it would have been tested before sending them out. Weird.

fosselman
Old
Thanks Meter 29
www.ibolt.co/products/mhl

I think their mhl adapter is only a 5 pin not an 11 pin because I don't see the gs3 or gn2 on their list of working devices.
Current Toys: AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Elocity A7 + Rooted Nook Simple Touch
Past Toys: Cingular 2125, Cingular 8125, HTC Fuze, Tilt 2, Samsung Captivate, International Samsung Galaxy Note

ntron1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosselman View Post
www.ibolt.co/products/mhl

I think their mhl adapter is only a 5 pin not an 11 pin because I don't see the gs3 or gn2 on their list of working devices.
could be but we have tried using the adapter they sent and followed the picture they posted but it still does not work. My guess is they never tested it on a USA GN2 as their photo shows a GS3 and we all assumed that it would work on the GN2.

JonBryant
Old
Thanks Meter 3
emailed them this morning. Wonder what they are going to do. It would be nice to have a working MHL for the note 2, but then again, it was free so i can't complain too much! Besides, the car dock is great!

ntron1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
I agree Jon but it has to make you wonder if your hopes of a working USB/Audio cable will go up in smoke if they did not even properly test the MHL cables on the GN2 before they were sent out. And although they were free, they would have been better served to keep them in Utah if they were not going to work.

zolika77
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Free MHL cable does not work with GN2

Hi there,

I can also confirm that the free MHL cable that came with the car dock does not work with Galaxy Note 2. I tried different HDMI cables but no luck. After connecting the charger to the microUSB port of the cable the phone starts charging but no picture on the TV.

kirkla79
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Mine also doesn't work. Tried different combos of chargers, usb cables, hdmi cables, connecting to tv and receiver.