Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,846 Members 51,500 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] boosting signal on g2 is it possible?

Tip us?

TheMadScientist420
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] boosting signal on g2 is it possible?

So being me ive done took my g2 apart To see how its built. Seeing as im right there with the antennas for the mobile radio, the wifi radio is the any way to make a mod to get better reception? Here at the house i have 0 to 1 bars signal but great lte speeds but where i work i have 2 to 5 bars but only get 3 g which all face it sprint has the meanest 3 g network may extend the wires out. More im pretty technical so it sounds like an expierment coming on i would apreciate any input on thiis one

WolfmanJack
Old
(Last edited by WolfmanJack; 12th March 2014 at 06:28 AM.) Reason: misspell
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadScientist420 View Post
So being me ive done took my g2 apart To see how its built. Seeing as im right there with the antennas for the mobile radio, the wifi radio is the any way to make a mod to get better reception? Here at the house i have 0 to 1 bars signal but great lte speeds but where i work i have 2 to 5 bars but only get 3 g which all face it sprint has the meanest 3 g network may extend the wires out. More im pretty technical so it sounds like an expierment coming on i would apreciate any input on thiis one
interesting...

1.) an antenna with better gain than the one currently being used.

2.) Some type of signal amplifier between antenna and receiver with a filter to help cut out interference that may be amplified as well ( would also need an amp for transmitter as well )
With this one it would interesting if there would be a way to utilize the original hardware in the phone and via software, tweak it in order to push a stronger signal, as far as receiving goes not sure if that would be possible if there isn't some type of amp in there already. This may also raise issues though with starting to interfere with other mobile/wireless devices depending on how much the transmission signal was amplified.

3 Signal booster.
Probably the easiest route to go, simply acts like a tower, just on a smaller scale,
Sent From Wolfman Jack's M6500

LG G2 VS980
PA 4.4RC2 20140620
3.4.94-kitkat
"Keep on keepin' on and I'll catch you on the flip side"

TheMadScientist420
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Well the antenna is in the back of the phone. Hypothetically the battery Cover. But what about a repeater but on a smaller scale of coarse. I built one to.do wifi in high school had about. 400 ft range though. Bu this was back in 02

WolfmanJack
Old
Thanks Meter 23
That's basically what a signal booster Is doing for you. Completely external from the phone. Most use some type of directional antenna for comms back and forth with the tower, which feeds an amp. That amp has an Omni directional antenna on the backside in order to communicate with your device. Depending on what type of coverage you want(3g/lte) and what coverage area you are looking for depends on the price.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app
Sent From Wolfman Jack's M6500

LG G2 VS980
PA 4.4RC2 20140620
3.4.94-kitkat
"Keep on keepin' on and I'll catch you on the flip side"