[Q] NAE but can't run KitKat

OP hAvAAck

10th March 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 3

38 posts
More
Hey all, I need some help trying to troubleshoot what went wrong. Note between every flash I did clear cache and full formats of the whole phone.
  1. I was on SACS 4.3 ROM, MK2 and already had CWM recovery
  2. I ODINed the NAE modem, it stuck - my baseband and software say L720VPUFNAE
  3. I flashed SACS 4.4.2 ROM, it went well booted up and setup, but could not provision the network (I had wifi)
  4. I reflashed SACS 4.4 a couple times, same problems. Tried AOKP 4.4, glitchy and froze a lot.
  5. Flashed stock NAE from sprint, installed, but stuck on provisioning again. I checked and it didn't show I had NAE, it showed my baseband and software was UNKNOWN.
  6. Flashed back to SACS 4.3 and everything works well again. Still shows NAE as the baseband and whatnot.

I would have thought I had a bad modem flash, but everything works and shows NAE. What is the issue?
Last edited by hAvAAck; 10th March 2014 at 01:54 PM.
10th March 2014, 08:47 PM   |  #2  
Flag Spring Hil, TN
Thanks Meter: 56

335 posts
More
Have you tried a complete ODIN of NAE firmware?
The Following User Says Thank You to VandyCWG For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #3  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 5

23 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hAvAAck

Hey all, I need some help trying to troubleshoot what went wrong. Note between every flash I did clear cache and full formats of the whole phone.

3. I flashed SACS 4.4.2 ROM, it went well booted up and setup, but could not provision the network (I had wifi)
  4. I reflashed SACS 4.4 a couple times, same problems. Tried AOKP 4.4, glitchy and froze a lot.
  5. Flashed stock NAE from sprint, installed, but stuck on provisioning again. I checked and it didn't show I had NAE, it showed my baseband and software was UNKNOWN.
  6. Flashed back to SACS 4.3 and everything works well again. Still shows NAE as the baseband and whatnot.

I would have thought I had a bad modem flash, but everything works and shows NAE. What is the issue?

go to the Phone dial pad and punch in ##786# to pull up the RTN screen, It'll show you more accurate info on than what your Baseband and Software ect. The first time I flashed Sacs 4.4 V1 I flashed it using Phils 6.0.4.7, had the same problem. got it to flash flawlessly using the same process, but using Philz 6.0.4.6. just to be sure that was the issue i repeated process using 6.0.4.7, same problem, wouldnt provision network, just wifi, everything said unknown. couldnt make it work using 6.0.4.7. Tried again using 6.0.4.6, and again everything worked perfect ALSO try flashing the stock NAE.tar.md5 first, then Sacs 4.4 v2. Ive read that worked for many, Your problem is most likey CWM. flash Philz 6.0.4.6 then re try, let me know how it goes
Last edited by bioshocked; 10th March 2014 at 11:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bioshocked For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #4  
Flag Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 214

205 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyCWG

Have you tried a complete ODIN of NAE firmware?

Agree with @bioshocked I've ended up with unknown baseband before as well. Flashed nae firmware before the installation worked out perfect.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pontif For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 06:19 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

67 posts
Quote:

it's the exact same story for me .had to go back to 4.3 but my only issue is now i am unable to watch video in any form (personal vids ,Netflix,youtube,vine even cutscenes in games) i really dont know what to do .even tried to Odin back to MF9 but no success.I neeed HELP
11th March 2014, 08:57 AM   |  #6  
Somewhere in the dark and wet Northwest.
Thanks Meter: 1,243

2,288 posts
More
@hakeem0996
Quote:

.even tried to Odin back to MF9 but no success.I neeed HELP

If you were on MJA/MK2 bootloader you CANNOT Odin to anything before that - MF9 etc.
You'll need to PC Odin MK2 full tar to get back to stock. That tar is here.

For the others if you have a MK2 or NAE bootloader why not flash the full .tar of either one (MK2 or NAE) - both are available here. Full .tar will restore baseband and ALL partitions.

The for both the above root via CF-Autoroot, install recovery via PC Odin or goomanager - I'd go with Philz via PC Odin.
Then install what ever you want following the developer's instructions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leaderbuilder For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Orlando

38 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bioshocked

go to the Phone dial pad and punch in ##786# to pull up the RTN screen, It'll show you more accurate info on than what your Baseband and Software ect.

Your problem is most likey CWM. flash Philz 6.0.4.6 then re try, let me know how it goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontif

Agree with @bioshocked I've ended up with unknown baseband before as well. Flashed nae firmware before the installation worked out perfect.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

Thanks, I'll try a full NAE firmware ODIN tonight, but I'm not sure where to get it. Is it this?
11th March 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #8  
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 589

1,865 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks, I'll try a full NAE firmware ODIN tonight, but I'm not sure where to get it. Is it this?

No, download the full tar file from Random45's thread in the android development thread. His has great download speed.

Sent from my icrap 2 using Tapatalk HD
The Following User Says Thank You to cruise350 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag Orlando

38 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350

No, download the full tar file from Random45's thread in the android development thread. His has great download speed.

Sent from my icrap 2 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks. Link
The Following User Says Thank You to hAvAAck For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #10  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,672

8,313 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks. Link

Yup that it.