Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,794 Members 44,697 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Custom firmware flash hanging on 'fastboot oem rebootRUU'

Tip us?

Auslander42
Old
(Last edited by Auslander42; 16th March 2014 at 04:33 AM.) Reason: formatting/reposting
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Custom firmware flash hanging on 'fastboot oem rebootRUU'

First off, thanks to all at xda for being an excellent resource - issue has been resolved but reposting original thread details to help others per TopoX84's wise advice:

I'm having an issue trying to flash a custom firmware from godfirst's excellent thread '[RADIO & FIRMWARE]HTC One Radio's | Firmware | Other Useful Files | Updated 2/23/14' at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2419699. Running HTC One on current stock rooted (ODEX) 4.4.2 posted in the development forum, current TWRP release updated with Goomanager.

No issues booting into fastboot, 'fastboot getvar all' command loads device details without issue, but when following command steps, the process hangs at command 'fastboot oem rebootRUU'; Just get the '...' on next line, and nothing ever happens. The command window never updates, device never reboots or does anything else, and is non-responsive to volume/power key presses.

Disconnecting USB and manually resetting via holding power button restarts HTC One normally, no other issues I can see. Rebooted into fastboot, reconnected, and followed command prompts again with same effect; left device connected for ~20 minutes with no change and command line posted a failure message and elapsed time >1500 seconds when disconnected.

RESOLUTION:
I referred to Vomer's (awesome) post '[Guide] Vomer's Ultimate AIO - S-OFF, SuperCID, Firmware Upgrade & Custom Recovery' (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2365506) referenced by godfirst, section 2, and found intermediate command 'fastboot reboot-bootloader'. Running 'fastboot oem rebootRUU' after this launched into the rest of the process without issue.

On the first attempt flashing the firmware zip file, I did get the 90 hboot pre-update error (scary!), but flash succeeded on second attempt and I'm now running the current firmware for my One.

Thanks again to all here at xda in general for the help I've gotten before joining, and specifically to godfirst and Vomer for their resources and information to help today.

Steve

TopoX84
Old
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslander42 View Post
thread deleted - resolved, thanks!
Don't you think instead of deleting it, post the solution for someone on your same shoes?

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
DEVICE: HTC One M7 AT&T (Unlocked, Rooted, Bootloader Unlocked, S-OFF)
ROM: Android Revolution HD 62.0 by Mike1986
MODS: Sense 5 Toolbox, Gravity Box [KK],
RECOVERY: TWRP v. 2.6.3.3

PREVIOUS DEVICES:
  • Galaxy S4 I337 AT&T unlocked
  • Nokia Lumia 920 Unlocked - Dev AT&T ROM
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TopoX84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Auslander42
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopoX84 View Post
Don't you think instead of deleting it, post the solution for someone on your same shoes?

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Excellent point, reposted - thanks.