Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,893 Members 50,618 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM-11 testing for sm-t325 (mondrianlte), no radio support

Tip us?
 
crpalmer
Old
(Last edited by crpalmer; 28th May 2014 at 12:56 PM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2097
Posts: 1,576
Join Date: Mar 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Default CM-11 testing for sm-t325 (mondrianlte), no radio support

I'm working on adding support for a WiFi only build of CM-11 for the SM-T325.

I am making no attempt at this time to add cellular support because I don't own the device and it would be very painful to try to do that without the device. However, a WiFi only version seems possible and I want to use this thread to validate that.

As a first step, I'm looking for people to test that this recovery works for them on a SM-T325: cwmr-20140528-mondrianlte.

You'll need to unzip the file and then flash it in Odin. If you don't know how to do that, then a test build is probably not for you!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crpalmer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
THEDEVIOUS1
Old
(Last edited by THEDEVIOUS1; 28th May 2014 at 12:40 PM.)
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 779
Posts: 758
Join Date: Nov 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Yes..it works!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crpalmer View Post
I'm working on adding support for a WiFi only build of CM-11 for the SM-T325.

I am making no attempt at this time to add cellular support because I don't own the device and it would be very painful to try to do that without the device. However, a WiFi only version seems possible and I want to use this thread to validate that.

As a first step, I'm looking for people to test that this recovery works for them on a SM-T325: cwmr-20140528-mondrianlte.

You'll need to unzip the file and then flash it in Odin. If you don't know how to do that, then a test build is probably not for you!
i can confirm that this recovery does indeed function as expected...i installed my rom (ran into a weird "android is upgrading" bootloop but it eventually loaded...that may be my experimental multiwindow mod i'm using or the fact that i have completely deleted the touchwiz launcher) as well as created a backup (didnt restore) & all seems to be in order. I may be overreaching a bit about my abilities but im sure if u get a working wifi version going for us then the least i can do is get the cellular working...on a sort of related note would u happen to know if its possible to output through hdmi while in recovery mode? As far as this build is conncerned...anything else u may need tested just give me a shout

edit: looked for the backup which is usually on the internal sd (read:accessible from pc) and although the folder is there its empty...finally found it in "data-media-clockworkmod" & just wanted to know is this normal?
 
crpalmer
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2097
Posts: 1,576
Join Date: Mar 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEDEVIOUS1 View Post
i can confirm that this recovery does indeed function as expected...i installed my rom (ran into a weird "android is upgrading" bootloop but it eventually loaded...that may be my experimental multiwindow mod i'm using or the fact that i have completely deleted the touchwiz launcher) as well as created a backup (didnt restore) & all seems to be in order. I may be overreaching a bit about my abilities but im sure if u get a working wifi version going for us then the least i can do is get the cellular working...on a sort of related note would u happen to know if its possible to output through hdmi while in recovery mode? As far as this build is conncerned...anything else u may need tested just give me a shout

edit: looked for the backup which is usually on the internal sd (read:accessible from pc) and although the folder is there its empty...finally found it in "data-media-clockworkmod" & just wanted to know is this normal?
That is normal (it is independent of users and /sdcard is specific to user 0 of the tablet).

If you want to work on the radio, you'll need to be able to build sm-t320. If you get that to build, I'll push up my current repos for the sm-t325.

Would you mind booting into recovery and grabbing a dmesg (/proc/kmsg) for me?

Hopefully I can post a cm 11 build in a couple of hours and we can see how that works.
The Following User Says Thank You to crpalmer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
THEDEVIOUS1
Old
(Last edited by THEDEVIOUS1; 28th May 2014 at 02:43 PM.)
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 779
Posts: 758
Join Date: Nov 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by crpalmer View Post
That is normal (it is independent of users and /sdcard is specific to user 0 of the tablet).

If you want to work on the radio, you'll need to be able to build sm-t320. If you get that to build, I'll push up my current repos for the sm-t325.

Would you mind booting into recovery and grabbing a dmesg (/proc/kmsg) for me?

Hopefully I can post a cm 11 build in a couple of hours and we can see how that works.
either i dont know what i'm doing or adb isnt working properly in cwm...when i connect i get a weird "usb recognized but there's a problem" sound instead of the usual "affirmative" noise if that makes sense (windows)
 
crpalmer
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2097
Posts: 1,576
Join Date: Mar 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Here's a build to try: cm-11-20140528-UNOFFICIAL for the sm-t325.
The Following User Says Thank You to crpalmer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Bautinho88
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 34
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bottrop
Quote:
Originally Posted by crpalmer View Post
Here's a build to try: cm-11-20140528-UNOFFICIAL for the sm-t325.
I will give it a try. No mobile Internet with this rom, right? Which gapps I should use? Or is gapps for every rom the same?
Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE i9305
Rom: Omni-4.4.4-20140622-i9305-NIGHTLY
Modem: I9305XXUEMK1
Recovery: Philz Touch 6.41.6
Kernel: i9305-OMNI-Boeffla-2.3-Beta6-pst-20140612
 
THEDEVIOUS1
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 779
Posts: 758
Join Date: Nov 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Default works perfectly...thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by crpalmer View Post
Here's a build to try: cm-11-20140528-UNOFFICIAL for the sm-t325.
everything seems to be ok on my end although i cant test as thoroughly as i'd like to because my screen is screwed (broken lcd)...gps took a long time to track & still never redrew the map after it did but that was without high accuracy mode enabled & no data of course. Mic, camera, mhl/hdmi, sound, video playback, wifi, bluetooth (wait let me check...yep!), auto brightness, lid sensor are all working properly...so now i need your permission. Besides getting data working...i just want to know am i free to use this in a dual boot configuration with my rom & post it in my thread? Also...this is not important but do u know if screen mirroring works with the wifi version?
 
crpalmer
Old
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2097
Posts: 1,576
Join Date: Mar 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEDEVIOUS1 View Post
everything seems to be ok on my end although i cant test as thoroughly as i'd like to because my screen is screwed (broken lcd)...gps took a long time to track & still never redrew the map after it did but that was without high accuracy mode enabled & no data of course. Mic, camera, mhl/hdmi, sound, video playback, wifi, bluetooth (wait let me check...yep!), auto brightness, lid sensor are all working properly...so now i need your permission. Besides getting data working...i just want to know am i free to use this in a dual boot configuration with my rom & post it in my thread? Also...this is not important but do u know if screen mirroring works with the wifi version?
I don't know whether or not screen mirroring works. No one has complained but I don't have any way to test it.

You can (obviously) post a link to the thread. I would prefer that you didn't link to a specific version as I hope to post more test builds here (although so far only 3 people have downloaded it which shows either a lack of interest or a lack of early adopters).
 
peshkata
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 21
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by crpalmer View Post
I don't know whether or not screen mirroring works. No one has complained but I don't have any way to test it.

You can (obviously) post a link to the thread. I would prefer that you didn't link to a specific version as I hope to post more test builds here (although so far only 3 people have downloaded it which shows either a lack of interest or a lack of early adopters).

Hello, I will root my device and download the test build as well ! Will post back soon.

Thanks for trying to bring support for this device !
 
crpalmer
Old
#10  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2097
Posts: 1,576
Join Date: Mar 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bautinho88 View Post
I will give it a try. No mobile Internet with this rom, right? Which gapps I should use? Or is gapps for every rom the same?
Sorry, I missed this post... Use the gapps from the sm-t320 thread.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes