Post Reply

[Q] USB connector damage

12th March 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
The USB connector on my Tab 3 7" is damage.
I can not get the cable in and just by looking at it I can see that some pins are bent.

The table is only 3 months old.

I was wondering if it was possible to return it to Samsung for repair under the warranty?
I'm not even sure if that's cover?

Or try to do the repair my self.

Any help or suggestion are welcome.
12th March 2014, 03:18 PM   |  #2  
aliquzwini's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag baghdad
Thanks Meter: 53
 
226 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patbb

The USB connector on my Tab 3 7" is damage.
I can not get the cable in and just by looking at it I can see that some pins are bent.

The table is only 3 months old.

I was wondering if it was possible to return it to Samsung for repair under the warranty?
I'm not even sure if that's cover?

Or try to do the repair my self.

Any help or suggestion are welcome.

Tab 3.7 doesn't support otg

أرسلت من SM-T210R بإستخدام تاباتلك
12th March 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliquzwini

Tab 3.7 doesn't support otg

أرسلت من SM-T210R بإستخدام تاباتلك

My main problem is that I cannot recharge it.
12th March 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #4  
aliquzwini's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag baghdad
Thanks Meter: 53
 
226 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patbb

My main problem is that I cannot recharge it.

Back it to Samsung they will repair it

أرسلت من SM-T210R بإستخدام تاباتلك
12th March 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliquzwini

Back it to Samsung they will repair it

أرسلت من SM-T210R بإستخدام تاباتلك

Thanks I did that.
I Received an excellent service from Samsung Canada.
The Following User Says Thank You to patbb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #6  
Kejen Kaos's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
I have had a couple Samsung cables crap out on me. I have been using an LG G2 cable and it works better I think. Charge even seems faster, and longer.

Sent from my SM-T217S using xda app-developers app
13th March 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #7  
aliquzwini's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag baghdad
Thanks Meter: 53
 
226 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kejen Kaos

I have had a couple Samsung cables crap out on me. I have been using an LG G2 cable and it works better I think. Charge even seems faster, and longer.

Sent from my SM-T217S using xda app-developers app

Yes but it's not safe because lg g2 charger out different voltage !

أرسلت من SM-T210R بإستخدام تاباتلك

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliquzwini

yes but it's not safe because lg g2 charger out different voltage ! , but if you using only cables it's okay

أرسلت من sm-t210r بإستخدام تاباتلك



أرسلت من sm-t210r بإستخدام تاباتلك
13th March 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kejen Kaos

I have had a couple Samsung cables crap out on me. I have been using an LG G2 cable and it works better I think. Charge even seems faster, and longer.

Sent from my SM-T217S using xda app-developers app

My problem was with the connector within the table.

Also, like mention by aliquzwini, make sure that the charger is not above 5V, 2A.
Yes it will charge a lot faster but your battery life will be affected in the long run.

Thanks for your suggestion anyway

The Following User Says Thank You to patbb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Tab 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank